42 | this year will be different

With Monica and Hope finally being freed from the pit, their first instinct was to go back to the Salvatore school

With Monica and Hope finally being freed from the pit, their first instinct was to go back to the Salvatore school. When they arrived at the entrance a car that was familiar to them was driving in, as the gates to the school opened.

The car pulled to a stop as the driver saw the two girls trying to enter the school. "I didn't see you there— are you two okay?" Dorian suddenly asked them as Hope answered without thinking, "Yeah Dorian, we're okay."

The confused man continued, "Glad to hear it, but how did you know my name?" To which Hope looked worried. Monica glanced at the car before pointing at the windscreen, "Your parking pass!" She blurted out quickly.

Dorian looked at the pass before he chuckled, "Always hated that picture." He admitted before he looked back to the Montgomery and Mikealson. "What brings you out here tonight?"

"A friend." Hope blurted. "Well, we're all locked up here. Everyone's gone for summer." Dorian replied to Hope. "Okay.. thanks." Hope said before quickly as she grabbed Monica's hand and lead the girl away from Dorian.

Once they were out of sight, Hope let go of Monica's hand and looked to her. "Now we do what we do best. Sneak back into the school without being caught."

❤︎

Monica ran through the woods as Hope raced behind her. They stopped when they found a movie set up by the old mill, and seated closely together on the lounge were Ruby and Maya.

"Who is that?" Hope asked quietly before Monica frowned, "Is Ruby sneaking girls into the school?" She asked suddenly.

Ruby and Maya had been hanging out for the past couple of weeks, and with the idea from Jordan, Josie and Landon, the Waithe invited the girl over to watch a movie with her, with their cool set up.

It was the only time this would be an option, with barely any students in the school, and Landon was able to lure Rafael away from the Old mill for a few hours.

Ruby glanced at Maya lovingly. "Uh oh." Monica blurted, as Hope stayed quiet as she watched the pair. "Hey I just wanted to say that... I've really enjoyed hanging out. You've made my summer a lot better." Ruby said to Maya, as she caused the Machado to smile. "And mine too... I was so worried about not knowing anybody and having quite a lonely summer... but i've made a pretty awesome friend."

The friend comment made Hope settle a bit, as the Waithe had been friendzoned. But what happened next, she didn't fully expect.

Ruby glanced down at Maya's lips for a moment, before she quickly looked back up into her eyes. Maya caught this and grinned. "Friends? Is that all we are?" Ruby asked which caused Maya to smirkee, as she leant closer to the pinkette. "We don't have to be just friends." She said in almost a whisper, until the inevitable happened. The pair shared a soft, but passionate kiss.