38 | the attack of triad

Ruby, Hope, Monica and Alaric stood in Alaric's office, around the answering machine

Ruby, Hope, Monica and Alaric stood in Alaric's office, around the answering machine. They listened to the tape that had been left by Landon. "Hey, Ric. Sorry to take off like that, but I just needed a little time. So I'm going camping for a while."

Ruby, Hope and Monica all shared confused glances, as they continued to listen. "Hopefully I can catch up on classwork later. Tell Raf and Jed hi for me."

Ruby blurted, "Jed? Why would he say hi to Jed?" As Jed and Landon didn't get along at all. "You should go after him. Something doesn't make sense." Hope suggested as Monica nodded to agree.

"Hope..."

"No— Hope's right. Triad already tried to come for him once. It's not safe for him out there." Ruby insisted as Alaric frowned. "My bestie has a point Ric, we should do something about this." Monica agreed as she crossed her arms.

"You guys just heard it from Landon yourselves, he's okay." Alaric assured them as they all frowned at him.

Monica sighed, as she clicked a button on the answering machine to replay the voice message. "Hey, Ric, sorry to take off like that, but I just needed a little time, so I'm going camping for a while." Landon's voice could be heard again.

"I can hear..." Monica trailed off, using her super hearing, as everyone stayed quiet so she could concentrate.

"Hopefully, I can catch up on classwork later."

The vampire declared, "...shoes on a tile floor. An air conditioner running."

"Tell Raf and Jed hi for me."

"Keycards being swiped. Mm, Triad. I mean, it has to be them. They've already tried to come for him once." The blonde concluded before she faced Ruby and Hope. "What are you gonna do?" She asked them. "My girlfriend and I are gonna go full Wonder Woman, that's what." Hope decided.

❤︎

Hope, Ruby and Rafael were outside, noticing that the boy was irritable. "Hey Rafi, you okay?" Ruby asked as Rafael turned to his twin and her girlfriend, "Um... my mind still won't settle down. Look, I'm sorry, but I can't join the fight." He sighed in defeat as Hope's expression softened. "Don't worry, I'm not going alone. My squad answered the Bat-Signal."

With that being said, Kaleb, Lizzie, Monica, Josie, Jordan and Jed walked over, all looking ready to go and help find Landon. Josie and Lizzie looked at eachother before they snapped in unison, "She's coming?!" As they had been at eachother's throats for the past couple of days.