36 | rooftop chats and sleepless nights

Lizzie took a seat beside the Montgomery, before she faced her

Lizzie took a seat beside the Montgomery, before she faced her. "Lizzie.. I'm gonna be honest." Monica began, "I do have feelings for you.." Lizzie looked quite surprised to hear this. "What's stopping us from being more than friends, then?" The Saltzman then asked.

Monica looked away for a moment, visibly ashamed in herself before she confessed, "I'm scared." Lizzie's face softened, understanding. "When it comes to relationships, I have no issue when it comes to the physical side... but I'm very inexperienced with.. everything else." Monica sighed hesitantly.

"I'm not good at being open with people.. I'm afraid of being hurt... and now I'm also afraid of hurting you too." The blonde said. "I get it, I'm scared too." Lizzie responded to the other blonde. "And in relationships... there seems to be a lot of hurt and heartbreak, but there's so much more happy and positive things about them." She added.

"I'm sure you're aware that I really like you.. and I would love to be something more... but obviously it is up to you too. Will you at least.. think about it?" The Saltzman asked as Monica nodded, "Yeah, of course."

Lizzie smiled before she leant in and kissed Monica's cheek. She then got up to walk away, but not before saying in a coy tone, "Bye Mon!" Monica gave back a half smile, "Bye Lizzie." She said, before she was left to think about their conversation.

❤︎

Ruby pulled the cover over her, as she laid in her bed, getting comfortable. She then rolled over to face Hope, who laid in her bed not far from her.

"Hey... Hope?" The pinkette asked, "Yeah babe?" Hope answered, as she rolled over to face the Waithe. "Do you think we are moving too fast?" She asked, worried that the pair would get sick of eachother before they knew it.

Hope thought about it, "I don't know... I haven't really been in a relationship before." She admitted as Ruby chuckled nervously, "Yeah... me neither."

"Is this moving too fast for you? We can always slow it down a bit." Hope suggested as Ruby stammered, "No.. uh I... I... I'm happy, don't worry." She insisted.

Ruby then rolled onto her side, feeling awfully sleepy. The pinkette then realised, that being with Hope was the happiest she had been in a long time.

❤︎

It was 3am. The only light Monica could use to see, was the rays of the moonlight shining on the path she walked along. Seeing a figure, she frowned, but stopped when she recognised who it was.

"Jordan?"

"Monica?"

The pair both then laughed. "What are you doing out so late?" Monica asked her brother. "I can ask you the same question." Jordan replied with a chuckle. "I can't sleep... got a lot on my mind.. you?" Jordan sighed, "Jed is my roommate and uh, he snores. I can't sleep."