The battle in Balin's tomb...

The Fellowship was ready to fight. The creatures started to break down the door. Just as the first hole appeared, Legolas released the arrow he had aimed. It hit its target. After that he got another arrow and shot again. And again and again. Nymerial knew that each and every one of them hit and killed its target. But Legolas had killed only a few of the Orcs and soon the door fell from its hinges. 

Hundreds of Orcs piled in and started to attack the Fellowship. The Elf pierced the nearest one with his arrow and Boromir and Aragorn charged to battle. Nymerial waited as an armour-clad Orc ran to her with his sword lifted. Nymerial then swung her dagger across the beast’s throat, killing it. She swung around and stopped the blade coming towards her. With her other dagger she stabbed the Orc in the stomach. An Orc tried to attack her from behind but Nymerial jumped behind it, doing a backflip, and beheaded it quickly.

She glanced over to the Hobbits and saw that Sam had stopped fighting and looked up. She followed his gaze and saw the cave troll smashing through the doorway. It was lead by an Orc with a long chain. Legolas saw it also and shot an arrow into the troll’s shoulder. It put its hand over the new wound and looked down, seeing a scared Sam. It then lifted its mace and swung it towards the Hobbit. Sam dived under the troll’s legs and crawled into a corner. The cave troll turned around and sighted Sam again.

 Nymerial was now trying to get to Sam. She fought through the sea of either dead or alive Orcs. She killed the alive ones either by slitting their throats, stabbing them into the heart or by beheading them. Soon she made her way to the troll who had its mace lifted to strike. She didn’t know what else to do so she picked up the chain around the beast’s neck and pulled. To everybody’s surprise, she actually moved the troll, the same troll who was about 15 feet tall. The same troll who should only move when two or three grown men would pull the chain. The troll looked back at Nymerial. It whipped Boromir, who was running towards Nymerial, across the room. He hit the stone wall and an Orc stood above him, ready to strike. But Nymerial saw that and took one of her knives out from its strap and threw it towards the Orc, piercing through its neck. Boromir looked at Nymerial who just nodded. She then ran from the troll, she knew she couldn’t beat it.

Nymerial ran to the Hobbits, knowing that they had never been to this kind of a battle. She then noticed that Goblins had joined the battle as she cut through ones hand. When she made it to Pippin and Merry, she stood in front of them, shielding them from the big battle. She was fighting with three enemies at once, the sound of metal against metal was echoing through the mines. But soon the number of Orcs and Goblins started to decrease. She looked over to Legolas saw that he was taking on the troll all by himself. She then looked behind her, seeing the Hobbits getting the hang of fighting, and left to help Legolas. The Elf had made his way on top of the troll’s head. He shot the troll in the back of its head and jumped off. Nymerial then sliced open the troll’s legs and it stumbled.

But the cave troll regained its balance and swung its mace at the Hobbits, causing them to jump aside. Frodo jumped to the other side from the other halflings and the troll went towards him. He hid behind a tall pillar and the troll seeked for him. Nymerial couldn’t see them well because she was fighting with a big Orc. Finally killing it, she looked up and saw that the troll had lifted up the little Hobbit

“ARAGORN!”

screamed Frodo and the ranger ran to help his friend. The cave troll had dropped Frodo because he had stabbed it with Sting. But the beast lifted its mace and attempted to bring it down but Aragorn had picked up a spear and now had stabbed it. The spear didn’t draw any blood from the troll but it had kept it at bay. Pippin and Merry were throwing rock at the creature. It was swinging its arm around, trying to block the rocks, and hit Aragorn. He flew against a wall and collapsed onto the floor. Frodo ran to him but he was stopped by the troll with the spear. The Hobbit fell and then the troll stabbed the small Ring-bearer with the spear.

The Fellowship stared, too shocked to move. The first ones to move were Pippin and Merry. They jumped onto the cave troll and started stabbing him. The others were now fighting madly to reach Frodo. He was gasping the air with the spear sticking into his chest.

The troll had picked up Merry and threw him onto the ground. Gandalf and Gimli stabbed the beast into the legs and jumped out of the way. Legolas was in front of the troll, taking the aim. As Pippin stabbed it again in the head the troll had opened its mouth. Legolas then released the arrow, it pierced through the troll’s mouth and into its brain. The huge creature fell with a long, pain-filled moan onto the floor, dead. Pippin was thrown onto the floor as well but he stood up. The Fellowship looked around, silence filling the room. The Orcs and Goblins were either dead on the ground or fled to the mountains. 

They then rushed to Frodo. The spear had fallen out of him as Aragorn turned the halfling onto his back. At first it seemed that Frodo was dead but then he groaned. ’He is alive!’ the Fellowship sighed in relief. Frodo sat up and said

“I am all right, I am not hurt.”

Aragorn asked the thing that all of them were wondering

“You should be dead! That spear would have skewered a wild boar.”

Gandalf answered instead of Frodo

“I think there is more to the Hobbit than meets the eye.”

Frodo then opened his shirt, revealing an armour made from the strongest metal known to this world. Gimli said

“Mithril! You are full of surprises, Master Baggins.”

They then heard loud footsteps in the distance. Gandalf said  while standing up

“To the Bridge of Khazad-Dum!”