We are already here?...

After Nymerial had fallen into a deep sleep, Legolas looked down at the fragile figure in his arms. He knew what was happening but, at the same time, had no idea what was going on and how he could help. The Elf helped her onto Amani, then, carefully watching that she wouldn't fall, climbed on behind her. Gimli would be able to manage on his own on the horse, even if it were done with muttering of curse words.

The troops started moving with Legolas behind them. He clung tightly onto the girl, fearing greatly of dropping her while galloping. The good thing was that Nymerial seemed calm, Legolas couldn't see anything that would nudge him to think that something might be wrong. Her eyelids were slightly twitching but he took small notice of it, it was normal. 

Soon, a camp was coming into view. It was filled with tents, colourful flags and men training and preparing for the upcoming battle. The numbers were lower than he thought would come, though. The perfect amount would be more than a half more of what was waiting for Théoden and the others. Nevertheless, Legolas rode right into the middle of the camp, trying to find a tent set up for them. He was led to the edge of the camp, near the mountains. The Elf jumped down and picked Nymerial up carefully as well, letting Amani walk around the place for a little. He went inside the tent with Nymerial and placed her on a bed-like resting place. He stroked her cheek gently as he got down on the ground, next to her.

But what he felt scared him. Nymerial was warm, very warm. Too warm. It was as if she had a very high fever but just a moment ago, she was alright. Could the place have some kind of hex? Or was it related to the journey she was on?

Legolas stood quickly up and was about to rush out to find some help, when Alice walked in. He looked her in the eyes as he asked

"Alice, something is wrong with her, with Nymerial. She has a fever, we need to fin-"

"Legolas, I am sorry. Nothing and no one can help Nymerial right now. We must not disturb her or the outcome could be more than she is suffering now."

Legolas wanted to argue back, to try to help Nymerial, but Alice cut him off

"No, you cannot do anything but wait for her. Oh, I was here for a reason. Here-"

She took out a small, simple bracelet and placed it in Legolas' palm

"Could you please put this on her? It helps us to know what is going on with her, which path she will choose."

She then waved and left the Elf inspecting the piece of jewelry in his hand. It consisted of a clear gem with silver linings attached to the thick piece of brown leather. He knelt next to Nymerial, picking up her arm that was hanging over the edge of her bed, and placed the bracelet on her wrist on top of the mark, closing it with hooks.

At first, it seemed to change nothing, but after close inspection, Legolas could see the change of tones in the stone. He took her hand in his and held onto it tightly. After what seemed an hour to him, he suddenly felt the hand turn cooler and cooler. He smiled as that meant the fever was going down.

But it didn't stop and soon Nymerial's whole body was ice cold. Legolas brought her hand to his lips, wishing he could give up the life force inside him to her. But he knew it was just a wish. As he looked up from the bracelet under his eyes, he felt a gust of wind blow in from the tent's door, bringing some leaves and dust with it.

Legolas pushed away a stray leaf on Nymerial's face when her eyelids twitched a little. They then fluttered open and the Elf could see the green eyes staring into his. Her eyes were tired but slightly surprised by the surroundings. She looked at Legolas, then, without warning, hugged him tightly. He wrapped his arms around her, listening to her whispers

"Legolas, I am so happy to see you. For a moment, I thought I was going to be dragged away by the demons of the ancient."

"Shh, it is alright. You are back."

She pulled away and Legolas wrapped his cloak around her

"Back? What do you mean? Was I really sleeping for that long, we are already here? In the camp?"

"Yes, you were out more than half of the day."

Nymerial looked out of the tent door and saw that the sky was darkening. She then turned her gaze back to Legolas

"Really? It felt barely an hour there."

Then the silence was cut off by Alice running in and grabbing Nymerial in a hug. She then pulled away and picked up her arm, looking at the stone which had turned to the bluest blue all of them had ever seen. Alice let it then drop and walked out while yelling

"We have got a blue one, lads!"

A voice answered

"Finally! I am sick and tired of all the golden ones."

That call was replied by another

"Well, at least you have not suffered through the furies of the shadows!"

Nymerial listened to the scattering outside as she could soon make out the sounds of bets being paid. She chuckled but it was cut off by a pair of lips on top of hers. She smiled as Legolas placed another butterfly kiss on her lips. He pulled away and murmured

 "I was so worried about you, do not ever do that to me again."

"I would love to promise you this but you know right now is not the perfect time for promises."

He nodded as Nymerial picked a red leaf from his hair. It was dead with dark spots all over it between her fingers. She felt chills run down her back as she let it fall to the ground

"What is wrong with this place?"

Legolas' gaze moved to the tent screen closest to the mountain wall, his eyes growing blank. After a second, he replied

"Those are the White Mountains. Near us, there is the road to Dimholt, but with that lays a path that has never been finished alive. It makes the horses restless which makes-"

"The men restless as well."

Legolas nodded and laid down on the bed next to her. He entered the thoughts and dreams that Elves would call the same humans would call sleep. But Nymerial's mind wouldn't rest. She was tired, even after the long rest, but the mountain was keeping her awake. She could basically hear what was going on there, what thoughts the inhabitants were thinking. And she knew- soon she would hear them speaking as she would soon be standing in front of them.