Circle of the Dead...

The battle was in full speed before Nymerial's eyes when she joined the masses. Her eyes darted around as she made her way deeper and closer to the heart of the bloodfilled fight. Her daggers moved in her hands as if they were brought to life and were now companions next to her, ready to protect her, no matter the cost.

As Nymerial finished off yet another Orc, she heard the sound of wings near her and she searched for the source. She wished she didn't for the sight did not calm her- it was the Witch King. He had landed his pet right in front of Théoden King but there was no one to stand side by side with him. Nymerial herself would have never made it but that didn't stop her from trying- she had already let Boromir fade away like that, she couldn't let that happen to Théoden as well.

Nymerial was about to sprint as fast as she could when she saw a large shadow emerge in front of her. She dug her heels into the ground as she looked up to see what she was up against. What she saw, terrified her. There, right before her eyes, stood a fully grown troll, a mace in hand and ready to bring it down. Nymerial jumped away at the last minute because just where she was standing, stood there now the same mace, resting in a small dent it had made.

Nymerial knew she had to get close to its head- it was the only spot not protected by muscle and armour. She quickly dodged yet another swing from the giant mace and with full speed darted behind it, jumping onto its back. She held on for her dear life because the troll had started to claw its back, trying to get her off. She scrambled up and soon on its shoulder, shoving her dagger which had been blessed by the Dead inside the troll's helmet, through the weak spot covering its eyes.

Nymerial almost would have fallen into the dark abyss when she came down along with the troll but stood up, her vision a little blurry. She was about to try and run to aid the King but her way was shut once more, this time by an Orc, and she took a step back as she stopped the rusty blade over her head.

Her daggers moved fast and sharp as Nymerial slit the beast's throat in a single, clean cut. But it was as if she was against a creature of ancient times. As she cut off one of its heads, two or more would come running, weapons raised high. Her eyes moved around frantically as she tried to get to Théoden but saw no backdoors.

Nymerial faced her attackers and she took in a prepared stance, she realized that she was in the Circle of the Dead, dancing for her life, and she was not leaving it as the rest inside would. The first one fell quickly and without breaking a sweat. The next one stared soon at the sky, not even seeing it again. Nymerial could feel her arms tiring but that was the luxury she could not promise herself until the whole war was over, it didn't matter which side won- she would be able to rest both ways, although one of them was underground.

Her daggers were dripping in dark blood as she spun around once, ready for another dance with Death. She stood face to face with a fairly large Orc who was carrying a whip with a spiked top- it was probably one of the ones who was in charge of the trolls. The whip was spun above Nymerial's head once before it was brought down, it missed her but barely by an inch.

Nymerial tried to hit the Orc with one of her daggers but she was shoved back, making her fall onto her back. As she quickly tried to stand, she heard the whip lash somewhere near her and the next second, she felt a sharp pain in her leg. She screamed in pain as one of her hands moved to the now bleeding wound but quickly pulled it back as the whip lashed again, this time against that very hand.

Nymerial quickly stood up, trying to ignore the bleeding which didn't seem to be stopping any time soon. The whip was brought down once again but this time, she stepped back and as it touched the ground, she threw one of her daggers right at the very beginning of the whip, chopping it away. When the Orc was completely defenceless, she ran near it and in one swift move, its head rolled towards the ground. Nymerial could feel her vision getting blurry again and blood soaking through her clothes, but the fighting around her still continued.