Trapped...

Cold. Imprisoned. Trapped inside her own mind- that was all she could be. Her worst nightmares had come true. Nymerial knew she was, her body was in the real world, on some level she could feel Legolas' arms against her, supporting and holding her as he carried her away from the field of battle.

But her mind and soul were not with her shell. No, she was somewhere darker, deeper, hidden. She had been thrown into an abyss which had no soon nor moonlight, there was nothing for the eye, the nose, the mouth, the ears, no even for touch. Shadow theatre surrounded Nymerial, not allowing her to move nor speak. She had been imprisoned by her own mind, the king of cage she knew she could not get out.

She couldn't see her body, she didn't know if it was even there for she couldn't feel anything. Everything was as if frozen in time and even her breathing seemed to slow down by the second, if there were seconds there. Life force was draining out of her, even thought not a single muscle was twitching inside her, and the seconds seemed to go by as days, maybe even weeks. She didn't know how long she had been trapped inside her own mind or how long she will be, but she felt like with every breath, she ahd lived through a lifetime of adventure.

The battle was nearing its end as Legolas made his way through towards the castle with Nymerial held tightly against his chest. Gimli was by his side, fending off any Orc, Uruk-hais, whatever tried to attack the Elf. Blood was soaking his shirt and he was worried sick- the part of dragons which the Dragonkind held should have already healed the wound. Nymerial had suffered through worse yet she was up on her feet right after she ahd been struck. Yet there she was in his arms with his eyes gazing down at her.

"How badly has our Queen been injured?"

Legolas looked up at the man who was clearly from Nymerial's army. The seemingly fragile armour was a bit dented but the silvery reflection of his blade had been hidden with a thin layer of black blood. The Elf then noticed that every single warrior who had been in her army was following them after they had finished with their enemy. Although they were short on words, their loyalty filled the silence. Legolas turned his attention back to Nymerial as he answered

"Something must be stopping the healing your race is known for."

Not a single word was said as they passed Aragorn who was freeing the Dead from their debt. But Legolas paid no attention to him, he had to get Nymerial to the castle where they could treat her. He wanted to run, sprint through the doors but he knew that any sudden movement would worsen her bad enough situation.

So he walked through the doors and to the beds in dead silence and peace, placing her down. He then stood and picked up a small tray near the healers, not even turning his eyes at them as he knelt down onto the cold stone. His face not showing anything, he gently turned her to her side before dipping a cloth into the warm water and started to clean the deep cut which seemed to be the source of bleeding.

Although seemingly collected, the Elf's teeth were grit tight and he was fighting back the burst of rage and revenge which was threatening to break free. But the Dragonkind must have understood and they had left. The last thing they heard was him, murmuring the ancient blessings of Elves as he treated her.

After carefully bandaging everything up, Legolas softly let the back of his hand rest on Nymerial's pale cheek. He looked at her, his grey eyes missing her green ones and whispered

"Lasto beth nin. Soora ta, Nymerial. (Hear my voice. Follow it, Legolas.)"

The darkness around Nymerial was the same, no change, not even the slightest. The only thing changing was her breaths for life, they were getting shorter and more tired. She knew she hadn't got much time left, she always knew her fears would soon catch up to her. And now they have, they have trapped her inside the cage and she could not pick the lock, no matter how hard she would have tried so why even bother.

The last bit of air entered her body slowly and it basically clawed its way inside her. A voice, almost like a echo, rung through the abyss but the last breath, the last bit of life had left her. She had let herself become corrupt and didn't fight back- she fought she would be fighting a losing battle.