𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐡

Twenty-Ninth
:Chapter Twenty-Nine:

"Taehyung! Get up!" The aforementioned jumped at the sound of banging and yelling voices. He blinked a few times, his fists going straight to his eyes to open them by rubbing circles into them.

Then another loud knock startled him, forcing him out of his bed and to his door where he forced it open, stunned to see Hoseok standing there, hair almost as messy as his own and eyes red and puffy.

"Hoseok?" Taehyung's voice was weak, brows furrowed.

"He died"

It didn't take a genius to figure out who Hoseok was talking about, Taehyung didn't need to ask who or question what Hoseok was talking about. He barely got any sleep thinking about it and here he was, standing in his black sweat pants and a baggy Marvel's T-shirt, hearing one of the worst things he could hear early in the morning.

Taehyung tried not to cry anymore, especially since Hoseok looked so bad and so deprived. He reached out and pulled his best friend into his chest, hearing the breaking sound of his best friend begin to sob.

The elder's head was buried deep into Taehyung's shoulder, arms tightly wrapped around his younger friend's small waist. His sobs were so broken, showing just how hard this was on him.

Hoseok knew Changmin for so long and Changmin seemed to be one of the only people who cared about him freshmen year when he first transferred to their school, when Hoseok already felt like an outcast.

Changmin was one of the coolest people Hoseok knew. He played baseball, football, helped with basketball. He never picked on or bullied anyone. Changmin could never be disliked and now he was dead.

Such a young soul that was thriving in academics and sports had passed on due to a car wreck and too much head trauma.

Taehyung hated that he started crying because he felt like he needed to be there for Hoseok.

Yes, it was his friend but Hoseok was much closer to Changmin. They all were close but nothing would explain the way Hoseok and Changmin had each other's backs before Taehyung came.

The two stood there in each other's arms, both upset to hear the passing of their close friend.

They had stood there until their legs hurt and they had to sit on Taehyung's bed.

They had cried until they couldn't cry anymore and tears were sticky and dried up on their flushed cheeks.

Now, it was silent and nothing but the occasional sniffle could be heard from both ends.

Taehyung had his back against the headboard while Hoseok sat on the very edge of the bed, back towards Taehyung and hunched forward.

"When . . ." Taehyung croaked. "When did they announce it?" He asked weakly.

It took Hoseok a moment before he even opened his mouth to speak, his voice feeling frail in his throat. "After we left, well, about an hour after we left him. They told me early this morning. It was the first notification I saw."

"Was he with his family?"

"They didn't tell me too much, just that his dad was in the room when he passed on and that it was an hour after we left." He answered, still not bothering to face Taehyung but there wasn't a reason why, just felt too stiff to put muscle into it. "Oh, and that, um, he had really bad bleeding and head trauma, just too much for his body to handle."

Taehyung hummed, playing with his fingers. He thought of the next thing he should say, piecing together a conversation so the silence wouldn't kill him any further. "Anyone message you?"