𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

Twenty-First
:Chapter Twenty-One:

Two days had passed by since Jeongguk got injured and according to Hoseok, Namjoon, and Jimin, he was hurt pretty bad.

The pitcher didn't come to school, his concussion being quite severe,

For those two days the pitcher wasn't at school, Hoseok was quick to leave so he could go to Jeongguk's house and make sure Newbie was okay.

Sometimes Namjoon would accompany Hoseok.

Today, Hoseok was doing the same exact thing, hurrying out of class so he could rush to his car but Taehyung got ahold of him this time.

"Seok! Wait up!" Taehyung called out to his friend who halted, turning and seeing the first basemen. "Where are you going?"

"You ask me this and you should know the answer by now. I'm going to go see Jeongguk." Hoseok answered, shaking his head and turning back around but Taehyung caught up to his side so the two were walking together.

"He's home?" Taehyung wondered.

"He was sent home the day after he went to the hospital. Why are you asking?" Hoseok spared a glance over at the younger teenager.

Taehyung lamely shrugged, keeping quiet for a moment with clear hesitation but then he decided to speak up. "Can I come with?"

Hoseok stopped in his footsteps, Taehyung also pausing in motion.

"Can you . . . Come with to see Jeongguk? Your arch nemesis? Your rival? The boy who stole your position and that beat your ass? Jeongguk?" Hoseok cocked a brow, not sure he heard correctly.

"I wanted to see him in the hospital. I just wanted to make sure he was okay, I get we aren't on the best of terms but . . ." Taehyung crossed his arms over his chest.

"Best of terms? You think?" Hoseok shook his head before he continued to walk, Taehyung following along. "I don't know, I don't really think it's a good idea."

"I can just ask how he is and then leave. It's never a good thing when a player gets hurt, I shouldn't let our stupid beef stop me from making sure the dude's okay." Taehyung still hated the dude, don't get him wrong, but he wanted to show that had some concerns.

"But . . ."

"C'mon, I'll buy you lunch after we're done."

"Okay, deal." Hoseok said. "Since you're always spending time with Jihyun now, never have the time for me."

"You mean spending more time with my girlfriend? The one you use to say I never looked like a couple with?" Taehyung asked, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, how dare you finally look like you're dating someone." Hoseok sighed dramatically, putting a frown on his beautiful face.

The two disregarded their random conversation and headed out to Hoseok's car. They set their things in the back, getting in the driver and passenger seats.

They buckled up — because safety first — and Hoseok drove off.

Jimin had track practice to attend to and Namjoon had plans with Seokjin and Seokjin's girlfriend. The senior was going to third-wheel so hard but it would be worth it since he was good friends with the both of them.

Hoseok began to regret agreeing to bring Taehyung to the comforts of Jeongguk's home but free food? Who could deny that offer? He just hoped Jeongguk would forgive him.

Maybe Jeongguk wouldn't even be mad about it.

With false positivity lingering in Hoseok's head, he and Taehyung approached the pitcher's door. The older of the two picked up his fist and knocked lightly, knowing how sensitive Jeongguk was to sound at the moment so he made sure to be as quiet as he could while allowing Jeongguk to hear him.