𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐡

Fifth
:Chapter Five:

     Lunch had arrived, finally. STEM seemed a bit longer than usual to Taehyung and he dreaded every never ending second that seemed to take hours just to pass by.

Had he mentioned his hate for science? It definitely wasn't up his alley. Taehyung wasn't too fond of math either but he would pick it over science in a heartbeat.

As every other usual day, Taehyung grabbed his lunch and proceeded over his table which Hoseok was already at, like always.

They waited for Namjoon but as they waited, they spoke to one another. For being friends as long as they were, they never ran out of things to say to each other.

It was always fascinating how long the two could talk to each other. Whether it be about baseball, classes, crushes — or in Taehyung's case, Jihyun, his girlfriend — or whatever else was interesting to one another.

The never ending field of conversations only grew once they added Namjoon to the mix. The three of them could honestly talk for days and return with more to say. Impressive, right?

     "I can't hang with you after practice today, Jihyun wants to watch a movie with me." Taehyung informed, stuffing the crustless corner of his sandwich into his mouth.

Hoseok processed the words, recalling his conversation the previous day. "Netflix and chill?" He inquired, wiggling his brows at his young friend who didn't dare spare him a glance.

Taehyung instantly regretted telling Hoseok about his planned hangout session with Jihyun. "No, she just wants to watch a movie together. She told me we don't spend too much time together."

"You don't. You guys don't even look remotely close to being a couple, not as much as you and-"

"I'm cut you off right there, Seok." Taehyung held a single digit up, not saying any more because he knew where this conversation was heading. Quite frankly, Taehyung didn't have the brain cells to keep up with Hoseok's fantasy world.

Just as Hoseok was about to say more in protest, Namjoon came around, sitting beside Hoseok per usual. "Sup, boys." He greeted with his dimpled smile, jutting his chin in the process to further his greet.

Taehyung returned the smile, finishing another bite and opening his mouth to start speaking. Unfortunately, Hoseok beat him to who could talk first but Taehyung could say he didn't expect what the elder was planning on saying whatsoever.

"Taehyung wants to fuck Jeongguk." Hoseok blurted, sparing a look over at Taehyung who was already staring at him with an emotionless look plastered on his face. Emotionless but it sure could kill.

"What?" Namjoon frowned. "Where is this coming from exactly?"

Taehyung shook his head. "Hoseok thinks I have a cringy love story going on with Newbie because we don't like one another." He explained briefly. "I don't want to get back into it. He's ridiculous."

"For thinking you could top Jeongguk?!" Namjoon cocked a brow, eyes wide.

"For saying anything but, wait, you don't think I could?" Taehyung asked in disbelief, tilting his head like a confused puppy.

Namjoon shook his head. He then sat back and scanned the cafeteria, looking for the boy they talked about. It took him a bit but he finally pinpointed where he stood, glancing back at Taehyung and Hoseok. Newbie was standing in the lunch line, lips pinched and not worried about what was around him. "You see him?" Namjoon asked.