𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝

Forty-Second
:Chapter Forty-Two:

     "Wow, you look absolutely like shit." Namjoon uttered as he got a good look at Jeongguk, leaning on the locker beside the younger's.

"Gee, glad I can count on you if I'm ever having a rough time." Jeongguk rolled his eyes, just playing around since he was already well aware of how drained he looked.

"Anytime, man." Namjoon grinned. "Why do you look so tired? It's not even exam week, no way you should look as stressed as you are."

"I'm not stressed, I just wasn't asleep until like four in the morning." Jeongguk said.

     That's right, Taehyung and Jeongguk had found themselves texting for hours just about random shit, going on and on until Taehyung fell asleep with his phone resting against his chest.

They didn't even have a real topic, they were just entertaining each other and, for the first time, actually getting to know one another.

Turned out they both were pretty playful, both loving a good meme here or there. Taehyung was just a bit more on edge compared to Jeongguk.

     "Well, that's dumb. Why?" Namjoon seemed to have been a little too nosy today, all in Jeongguk's business but the younger truly didn't mind.

"I couldn't sleep, was just on my phone." Texting Taehyung until the earliest of morning's but Jeongguk left out that part. For Kim's sake since the boy didn't like public friendships apparently.

"You know, you shouldn't be on any device with blue-light an hour before you go to bed. It can affect your sleep and hurt your eyesight." The elder informed, causing the tired boy to make a face in return.

The aforementioned slowly nodded, pulling his notebook out of his locker before shutting and completely facing Namjoon. "You know I don't give a shit." He then widened his eyes and opened his mouth to act surprised, soon turning and walking away.

But not alone, of course.

     "Is it me or have you and Taehyung been acting similar?" Namjoon questioned, brow cocked. "Almost as if you two have been spending a lot of time together."

"Tsk, yeah right." Jeongguk shook his head in denial. Unfortunately, he replayed what he did and could totally see Kim doing something very similar to that, especially since he was more of the annoyed, bitchy type. At least to Jeongguk, that is.

"No, seriously." Namjoon returned. "Maybe it's because you woke up cranky. Taehyung just so happens to be cranky everyday. Speaking of him, since we're on the topic, where is he? I haven't seen him all morning."

"Why are you asking me like I would know where he is? I don't keep tabs on the boy beyond popular belief." Said the younger, him and his friend walking down the hallway together, just until one of them got to their class or had to split.

     "Eh, I haven't been keeping up lately, didn't know if you two suddenly buddied up." Shrugged Namjoon, greeting a few students that greeted him as he passed by.

"Please don't ever count on it." Especially if Taehyung wants to have their friendship remain a secret.

"You sure? Cause-" Before Namjoon could finish his sentence, he was cut off by a voice from down the hall, making both Jeongguk and Namjoon look towards the sound.

     Hoseok and Seokjin were walking together, a weird combination since the two didn't necessarily talk like such, but there they were, making their way down the hall.

     "Hi, hyungs." Namjoon greeted, giving his infamous smile to the two who shortly returned it.

"Yeah, hi," Hoseok said. "Namjoon, we got to go to the senior meet. It's just to talk about prom and settle on a theme. Maybe about graduation as well, I didn't listen too much into it."