𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐡

Ninth
:Chapter Nine:

     "You better get your friend." Hoseok heard, turning to look over his shoulder at Jeongguk who caught up, walking beside Hoseok.

"What?"

"Cap, he better never lay his hands on me like that ever again." Jeongguk explained a bit. Hoseok huffed.

"You tell him that, I'm not involving myself in your guys' business, it isn't my job to deliver messages." Hoseok retorted firmly. "I'll be your guys friends but I don't want to be pulled into the drama, none of it at all."

"I was just saying and telling you to tell him but I get it, really." Jeongguk shrugged. "But guess what, I made a new friend." He smiled subconsciously, recalling the awfully funny incident that happened. He moved on from Cap, ready to share the news with Hoseok about Jimin.

After going over it in his head, he realized just how stupid it was. He was so worked over a dumb not-even-fight that he walked right in the middle of where the track runners were practicing at.

Sure they could've been at the track field but Jimin had told him the field had some issues so they had to practice elsewhere.

Jeongguk took full blame for getting in the way though.

"Really? That's something. I'm guessing it isn't Taehyung, not yet anyways." Hoseok hummed, seeing Jeongguk shake his head.

"He's in track, his name is Jimin."

"Oh, the short one?"

"He really isn't the short."

"Shorter than me, that's pretty short." Hoseok chuckled. "He's actually a really cool guy, funny, sweet, all of it." He added on.

"I know. I ran into him, well, he ran into me but it was totally my fault." Jeongguk shrugged. "I made him bite into his lip so I had to help him get it cleaned up."

The elder looked to his side, Jeongguk looking ahead with his eyes focused on where he was going. "He's quite a flirt but never acts on his words, just overall really friendly. He's just like that and no one should take his words seriously."

"You know from experience?" Jeongguk cocked a brow and matched Hoseok's gaze. "Are you gay or something?"

"No, no, I'm totally straight." Hoseok waved his hand. "I was just saying, he likes to play around. Kind of how me, you, and Taehyung were before you two decided to hate one another. He makes flirty jokes and sensual comments but he only does that when he's sure he's cool with whoever he's talking to. If he were actually interested in someone, his entire demeanor would change and he would be so flustered."

"Ah, okay. He's pretty straightforward too."

"That's also a thing he is but he's a kind person just in general and it's never in his intention to hurt his friends, not at all." Hoseok smiled. He and Jimin were good friends but they didn't talk much. They met when Hoseok thought he wanted to do track his sophomore year. He actually was considering not doing baseball just to do track but he couldn't quit the sport. He ended up quitting track but he left with a friend. Two, actually.

Jimin and Jihyun. Jihyun was and still is in track. They were close but not as close as Taehyung and Hoseok. Jihyun and Jimin had a pretty good relationship but they would never act romantically or sexually, they looked at one another as siblings.

It was kind of funny how things made a loop. Hoseok knew Taehyung and Jeongguk. Now, Jeongguk had a new friend, Jimin, and who does Jimin know? Jihyun. Who does Jihyun date? Taehyung. Funny, right? So, in Hoseok's eyes, this was fate telling the enemies they should be friends.