𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐡

Twentieth
:Chapter Twenty:

And the Panthers won.

It wasn't a championship, wasn't anything that important but it turned important when one of their players had to be rushed away to the hospital because a batter made a line drive right into Jeongguk's temple.

It was an intense game and the Panthers almost lost until they sucked up their pity parties and played like a team together.

They celebrated briefly until they all collectively cleaned up and took back all of the equipment. Coach didn't stop them and even helped, congratulating them while they were at it.

Taehyung didn't change out of his uniform, just changing out of his cleats and pulling on his sneakers.

He caught sight of Hoseok who was rushing all over the place, throwing his cleats into his bag and just pulling on his sneakers without bothering to tie them.

The aforementioned looked so anxious and flushed, not cleaning up whatsoever. He was just throwing whatever was his into his bag and making a dash for the exit.

Taehyung was quick to follow, biting down on his bottom lip.

"Seok!" He called out, Hoseok leaving out of the doors into the outside. That's where he saw Namjoon and Jimin already waiting for the older teenager.

Hoseok turned though once he heard his nickname, looking back at Taehyung.

"Where are you going?" He wondered, his bag slung over his shoulder.

"We're going to the hospital to make sure Jeongguk's okay." Hoseok answered, wanting to leave it there and began to walk away, Namjoon and Jimin following behind to get to Hoseok's car.

Taehyung did a little jog, catching up behind the two ahead of him. "Can I come along with?" He asked.

Hoseok didn't stop walking this time, getting to his car. He unlocked it and opened the driver's side, tossing in his bag which landed on the passenger side. Jimin walked around, getting in in the back, Namjoon doing the same but on the opposite side.

"Please?" Taehyung pushed, brows furrowed.

Hoseok sighed and looked back at Taehyung who was pleading to come. "Taehyung," he began with a apprehensive tone. "It's a scary thing what happened and I appreciate you showing you care but . . . I- . . . I don't think you going to see Jeongguk is a good idea. I'll tell him you wanted to tag along." And he left it at that, getting in and shutting the door after he slipped into the driver's side.

Taehyung wasn't upset about it. He wanted to go because he wanted to make sure Jeongguk was truly okay, getting hit with a baseball is one thing but getting hit with a baseball after it being whipped with a baseball bat, it's so painful.

Jeongguk was sure to have a concussion and need some stitches after that.

Taehyung swore the ball never touched Jeongguk and he was overreacting because his baseball was hit on the first try but once he saw how bad it looked, he truly understood Jeongguk wasn't acting.

     "I kind of feel bad . . ." Jimin uttered, looking back at Taehyung standing there as they pulled away to get to the hospital where Jeongguk was.

"I do too but I don't think Jeongguk would like to see who's taking his spot." Hoseok answered.

"You think he's going to be replaced?" Namjoon cocked a brow, not wanting to think the worse but it looked so bad.

Hoseok was reluctant but nodded. "You guys weren't down there but the way he was crying . . . And the amount of blood he had on himself. It was a line drive so it definitely was hit hard." He informed.