𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐡

Forty-Ninth
:Chapter Forty-Nine:

"So you just don't reply to messages anymore?" Jeongguk sighed when he heard the voice standing in the doorway of his bedroom. He ran his fingers through his hair, trying to hide away his irritation. He just wanted to do his homework in peace.

     The teenager looked over and saw Taehyung who looked back at him, arms crossed over his broad chest. His head was tilted just a bit to the side as he awaited an answer.

Jeongguk didn't really know what to say though. He didn't think Taehyung would be barging into his room like this.

The younger adjusted his glasses, leaning back in his chair. He lazily rested his arms on the armrests, waiting for the elder to say more since he didn't have anything in mind.

Taehyung walked in and shut the door behind him. The boy waved his hands in front of him, unsure on why the other wasn't even speaking up.

"Are you just ignoring me in general? Are you really that upset at me?" Taehyung wondered, trying not to be so angry about it. He wanted to understand. "I'm seriously sorry, Jeongguk."

"I'm not ignoring you. I'm over what happened earlier." He replied, ignoring the apology. Jeongguk turned back towards his desk, looking down at his homework.

"Then why the cold shoulder? Why didn't you reply to me earlier when I texted you?" Taehyung questioned, eyes sharpened as he took a few steps forward. He was confused and annoyed.

     "I ran into Hoseok." Suddenly said the younger, again ignoring what was said.

"And?" Taehyung gave a scowl, trying to remain calm.

Jeongguk waited a moment and spoke again. "And Jihyun." He added, not looking over at Taehyung but he could hear the freeze up.

"I don't . . . I don't follow." Taehyung said but he sounded nervous now. Jeongguk could tell by the sudden change in Taehyung's tone.

"You don't feel bad? Don't feel like shit?" Jeongguk looked over to the side, lips parted and downturned, brows furrowed.

"Of course I do, Jeongguk. I don't need you throwing that in my face." Taehyung told, huffing. "But I already explained my situation."

"Yet you're still with her, dude." Jeongguk turned his body back to Taehyung but this time, instead of calmly leaning back, he was tense and sat up.

Taehyung stared blankly at Jeongguk but his soon blank expression changed into something more expressive. He looked angered. "Could you have given me more than a day?"

"She doesn't deserve to be cheated on at all!" Jeongguk rose his voice a bit. "You had plenty of time!"

"You should've thought about that before we slept together!" Taehyung angrily said back, brows narrowed.

Jeongguk was bewildered by that comment. "You— You're kidding. Why should I have to think about your girlfriend before sleeping with you? Maybe you should be a better boyfriend, think about it your own god damn self!"

"See," Taehyung huffed. "This is why we keep shit a secret. All we do is clash and argue." He shook his head. "It was a mistake coming over to see what was wrong. I had better chances staying at home."

"And do what? Juggle your options between me and your girlfriend?" Jeongguk questioned, head cocked.

"There wouldn't be much to juggle since you're just a rebound." Taehyung seethed without a thought. He was so heated and spat out the first thing that came to mind; the first thing he knew that would hurt the younger and his feelings.