𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡

Fifty-Eighth
:Chapter Fifty-Eight:

     "No, yeah, yeah, that's fine." Jeongguk said, sitting around the table with Hoseok and Taehyung.

To anyone around, it just looked like Hoseok was forcing them to sit together again but here they were, talking about prom and all recent encounters.

     "So . . . Jihyun met you at your house after yours and Jeongguk's date . . . And wondered if you were still going to prom together?" Hoseok wondered, taking a bite out of his sandwich, left over residue sitting on his lips.

"In short," Taehyung shrugged. He directed his attention over to Jeongguk. "If you don't want me to, I won't. It's just that it's her senior prom and, I don't know, I kind of felt obligated. Like it was the least I could do for her."

"It's fine," Jeongguk told, voice monotone. "After the bullshit she went through, if that's what she wants then so be it, yeah?"

"I didn't think she would've been that quick to forgiving you." Hoseok was honest, looking between the two.

Taehyung hummed, biting on his bottom lip. "I didn't either but then again, I'm not surprised per sue. She's a sweet girl, you know that, Seok."

"Yeah," Hoseok paused for a moment, looking down at his plate. "She is." He added, his tone a little distant. He quickly looked back up, looking straight at Jeongguk, his entire mood lightening up. "I don't have a date,"

Jeongguk flinched a little at the burst of energy Hoseok seemed to get. He frowned, narrowing his brows. "Okay?"

"Okay, so go with me. Be my date to prom." Hoseok grinned, nudging the raven-haired teenager.

"You're really not gay, huh?" Jeongguk cocked a single brow, lips parted in confusion.

"And if I were, would you drop Taehyung for me?" Hoseok held a smug look, licking his bottom lip in an attempt to persuade the younger.

That's when Taehyung kicked Hoseok from under the table this time, making the aforementioned suck in a sharp breath. "Watch it, Seok."

     "Anyway," Hoseok glared at Taehyung for a moment before returning to Jeongguk, still rubbing his leg. "I don't have a date to prom and me, Namjoon, Seokjin, and Yoongi were all going to just go together. But, why not bring you along? If anyone wonders, you're my plus one!"

". . . Prom isn't really my thing." Jeongguk commented.

"Sure it is!" Hoseok argued. "Namjoon will take Jimin and Jihyun's taking Taehyung. We'll all be there. Plus, don't you want to see your own boyfriend there at prom?"

Taehyung didn't really have any comments, he just watched the two converse about prom while he ate his lunch.

     "Taehyung's not my boyfriend, we're just casually dating." Jeongguk spoke. There really was no point to his comment, just to correct more or less and an attempt to changing the subject.

"And fucking but sure," Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Seriously, come with me to prom. We'll have a great night and even slide over to the after party."

Jeongguk huffed, going to respond but before he could get any words out, Namjoon set his tray down and joined in on the party.

     "Sup," he greeted, sharing a welcoming smile to all of them who forcibly — besides Hoseok — returned it. Hoseok's was real and he always seemed to be happy to see Namjoon.

     "Namjoon, tell Jeongguk he should be my date to prom." Hoseok said, not bothering to wordily greet Namjoon, just rather get straight to it.

"Oh, yeah, that would be cool." Namjoon agreed, looking towards Jeongguk. "I'm taking Jimin with me." He shared.