𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

Thirty-Seventh
:Chapter Thirty-Seven:

     Taehyung sat in the dugout by himself, holding a baseball in his mitt, occasionally picking it up to toss it back into his glove.

He was supposed to meet Hoseok here to help him practice his pitch but something last minute came up and now he was here all alone.

He probably could practice by himself but it wasn't the same and pretty pointless.

Even if Hoseok was here, the elder couldn't really give pointers to Taehyung since he himself didn't really know much about the position. It was just something to work on.

     Regardless, Taehyung sat there bored, not exactly wanting to go home. That's probably the obvious choice but he just didn't want to, not yet.

Plus, if he did, he wouldn't have saw Jeon making his way over to the elder, making the team captain cock a brow.

"You just sit down here alone?" Asked the younger, calling it out since he wasn't right next to Kim just yet.

"Apparently, why?" Taehyung frowned.

Jeongguk let out a dry chuckle, side-glancing the field before he finally could stop. He stood on the other side of the gate, fingers looping the holes of the said gate, eyes meeting Kim's. "I can't ask?"

"You're still asking for someone who doesn't know if they can ask questions." Taehyung replied before sitting up. "Why are you down here?" He wondered, holding the baseball in his left hand.

The younger took a moment before shaking his head. "Why are you down here?"

"I asked you first, dimwit." Taehyung rolled his eyes and pushed to his feet, arms loosely crossing over his chest. "Now answer,"

"Jeez, you're demanding. I wonder how Junhyun deals with it." The younger replied.

"Jihyun."

"Whatever," Jeongguk rolled his eyes. "I miss being on the field, I just wanted to hang down here since there's no practice but then I saw someone. Granted, I didn't think it was you but, oh well."

"I'm the only blond on the team, you knew damn well it was me." Taehyung scoffed and walked around on the other side of the fence. "You're really pushing this friendship."

"Pushing? Yeah right, you like thinking the world revolves around you, Kim. I just came down here to see the field and thought it wouldn't be the worst idea to come say hi." Jeongguk rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "What's your sign?" The question was asked suddenly, not relevant to what was being said before.

The elder looked at Jeongguk, face showing his confusion. "My sign? Like, what sign?"

"Zodiac sign, loser. What other sign?"

"I don't know, I don't follow horoscopes." Taehyung shrugged. "I'm a Capricorn I think. Jihyun likes those types of things, I'm pretty sure that's what she said."

"I could've guessed that." Jeongguk commented. "Of course you're a Capricorn."

"Why? What makes you think you could've guessed my sign?" Taehyung frowned, Jeongguk chuckling to himself.

The younger pulled his fingers away from the fence, stuffing his hands into his pocket. "You're stubborn as all hell, doubtful, just a mood-killer."

"Everyone can be those things. Why do you people assign them based off of the month I was born?" Taehyung asked, a scowl over his lips. He didn't understand how signs worked or how anyone could be so interested in them but to each their own.