𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝

Twenty-Second
:Chapter Twenty-Two:

     With more days passing, Jeongguk was still house-ridden. It had been officially a week without the boy showing his face at school.

Taehyung couldn't lie, it was pretty nice going to practice and being the starting pitcher without any issue. He didn't have to hear Newbie's annoying voice, didn't have to get beyond angry, and just felt happier just in general.

Practices were so smooth now that Jeon couldn't leave the comforts of his home due to his severer concussion and head trauma.

But that didn't change that Hoseok would always rush out of practice just so he could go check on the boy. He didn't take Taehyung with him after the first time they went together since Jeongguk asked Hoseok never to bring Taehyung ever again.

The pitcher was still confused on why Kim even wanted to check on him in the first place. Not like they ever walked up to one another and asked how the other was after a fist-fight so he didn't get why the older would care to ask now.

But today was a different day.

"Taehyung," the aforementioned heard his name, turning around to look at Hoseok who was walking up to him. "Can I ask a favor?"

"You're still here?" Taehyung cocked a brow, tilting his head slightly to the side as the elder approached him. "You should be out of here by now." He mentioned, picking up the bat bag and slinging it over his shoulder.

Hoseok appeared to be hesitant but decided to speak anyways. "Yeah . . . About that." He said, scratching the side of his neck.

"About what?" Taehyung turned his back at Hoseok, helping his teammates and cleaning up. Practice had just finished up. Hoseok stuck to his side, seeming sheepish.

Hoseok sucked in a deep breath. "I need you to head to Jeongguk's and make sure he's okay." He said in one go, watching Taehyung snap his head back.

"No," Taehyung said, shaking his head. "Hell no. Can't you just ask Namjoon or Jimin? Yoongi or Seokjin?" He turned again, not wanting to be asked to go check on the last person he wanted to see.

"They can't, they're all busy with something." Hoseok whined. "C'mon, you literally went with me to go see him, what's wrong with just going there and seeing if he's good? I'm not asking you to rub his feet and make him soup."

"Didn't he tell you to never take me with?" Taehyung argued back, trying to find some way out of this.

"Taehyung, please." Hoseok huffed, stopping in his tracks once Taehyung stopped, turning to look back at him. "I can't today, I just want you to knock on the door and see if he's okay." He said with a prominent frown.

The younger looked at him for a moment with no words being exchanged, trying to spot some sort of lie or tease in his voice but nothing was caught. "You fucking owe me." He narrowed his brows, shaking his head with disbelief.

"Thank you, Taehyung!" Hoseok's frown quickly rose into a wide smile. "I do owe you, don't worry." He said and then hurried off. He had things to do and couldn't check on Jeongguk.

The first basemen couldn't believe he had to deal with seeing the whiny crybaby. It was the last thing he wanted to do but Hoseok was asking him and he guessed it wasn't that bad.

At least he tried to believe it wasn't that bad. Like Hoseok said, he didn't need to give the boy a massage or make him anything to eat, just had to see if he was doing fine.

Taehyung had to walk to Jeongguk's house which was just a ten minute walk. Nothing bad and he actually appreciated a nice walk just to collect himself and what he was about to be greeted with.