𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

Seventh
:Chapter Seven:

     Two weeks had passed. Two excruciating and annoying weeks of back and forth arguing and consistent banter.

But, Taehyung kept to his word as did Jeongguk and they didn't talk when they were on field to avoid confrontation. They would leave shady remarks here and there to let the other know they weren't slick but that was it.

Until practice hit later on that current day. Things only ended up worse.

"Everyone run their lap? If you didn't, better get to it or you'll be sorry." The coach called out, brows furrowed. His eyes scanned the boys who jogged over, some out of breath while others were perfectly fine. "Hurry up, I don't got all day. I want to move on, ladies."

"You going to toss with me?" Taehyung asked in a mutter, nudging Hoseok's side. They did this every practice. Hoseok did but Taehyung picked it up and began to do it just to make sure.

But, instead of the answer he always received, he was given a different answer. One that irritated him.

"No, I was going to toss with Jeongguk actually. But, you know, if you ever decide to be a big boy, you can join me and him." Hoseok shrugged, not looking at Taehyung who had a look of shock.

"You're fucking with me, right? We've been tossing together since I began here and now you want to throw away all we had? And for what? Some Newbie?" Taehyung whispered yelled, brows pulled in.

Hoseok let out a chuckle. "You act like I broke up with you, he needs a partner too, Taehyung but again, like I said, you can grow up and just toss with us."

"This is basically cheating, Seok." Taehyung crossed his arms over his chest, looking away with sheer annoyance, cheeks puffed out and pout on his lips.

"You're cheating. You have a girlfriend." Hoseok said.

"That's in a relationship, I'm talking baseball, Seok, keep up." Taehyung rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Which reminds me, I need to stop by her house today. Remind me after practice, please."

"If you don't remember to go see your own girlfriend, that's on you." The elder deemed, turning his attention to the coach once the old man began to speak.

"Took you ladies long enough. You shouldn't even be called ladies, girls would've been done by now." The coach spat, shaking his head. "Today isn't a normal practice. I want to go over positions. I've been watching you all through the two weeks we had here and some of the positions I already decided on." He began, pulling up his clipboard and looking over the names.

Taehyung couldn't wipe the smile off of his face, feeling like he really accomplished something and strengthen his pitching skills. He had been working hard ever since he became the captain and knew he wanted to pitch.

Hoseok even nudged him, both strongly believing Taehyung had this in the bag.

But, oh, how they both were so wrong.

"So, first," the coach spoke, dragging his finger over the page. "We'll start with the captain, Kim Taehyung, number three. You will be first basemen. I know you know how to play that position and I'm impressed with your skill set."

His stupid smile was wiped right off his face after hearing what he would be playing. Taehyung's eyes went twice their size, lips parting.

Hoseok shared his shock. "I-I thought for sure . . ." He trailed, looking over at his younger friend who looked down, feeling ashamed. He thought he deserved the pitching spot. All there was now was wondering who became the pitcher since they didn't have one. They're old pitcher graduated.