𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

Sixteenth
:Chapter Sixteen:

Their second game came quicker than anyone could anticipate.

This time, they were going against the Blue Bridge Wildcats, one of the lesser known high school baseball teams out there.

Like the Panthers, they had one loss to their name. One team was bound to get a win here today.

Taehyung was running a bit behind, however. The team was gathered on the field while Taehyung was nowhere to be seen.

"Roll call!" Coach called, not noticing the lack of presence he had from the captain. He was having the team gather around to hear their names be called.

Hoseok looked around, frowning to himself. "Minji," he called, walking over to the short stop who was talking to Chinhae about some random topic Hoseok was unsure of or cared about.

"What's up, hyung?" Minji hummed, the elder stopping in front of them.

"Have you seen Taehyung at all? Anywhere?" He asked, watching Coach get the boys lined up, walking with Minji over to the Coach so they could listen out for their names.

Minji shook his head. "Nah, haven't seen him." He shrugged. "Maybe he got in trouble or some shit."

"Can't be, Jeongguk's still here." Hoseok said more as a joke but the aforementioned was indeed here. He was cleaning off his bat (per usual), minding his own.

"Jeon!" Coach called, picking his head up.

"Here," said Jeongguk.

"Jung!"

"Here." Hoseok sighed, shaking his head. Taehyung was fucking himself over.

The Coach continued, calling Leehyun and Seojun. Then, it came to Taehyung.

"Kim!" Coach called out, waiting a second but then picked his head once he didn't hear a response. "Taehyung!" Again, no response. "Any eyes on Taehyung?" He asked around.

Hoseok decided to speak up. "He said he was going to be running late, something came up last minute." He wanted to be there to defend Taehyung but there wasn't much he himself could do.

"He should've told me that." Coach said and continued with calling out the other teammates by last name.

The elder huffed, shaking his head to himself. He went to where Jeongguk was, helping the pitcher set up after he was finished cleaning off his bat. He really took care of that thing like it was his pride and joy.

"So, where's Cap? We have a game to play." Jeongguk told, turning his head each side in order to crack his neck. He picked up the bat bag and set up the bats along the fence, Hoseok lining up the helmets beside the now placed bats.

"Hell if I know, it's whatever Coach wants to do at this point. I tried." Hoseok commented. "All I know is he better hurry his-"

"I'm here! I'm here!" Taehyung's hurried voice made itself clear to the players, all looking back to see their captain rushing over. His hair was a mess and he looked awfully flustered.

Coach called the first basemen over, looking irritated. Taehyung walked over, hands running through his blond locks, putting it in some type of style.

Hoseok, as the rest of the team, watched Coach and their captain talk, seeing all types of emotions being spilled. They could see Coach wasn't having it and his brows pulled in, scolding the captain for his latency.

When Taehyung turned, everyone looked away as if they weren't even listening to begin with.

Taehyung had his brows narrowed, stomping over to the dugout. He threw his bag down, crossing his arms over his chest with an angry huff.