13. Dan

“Fucking hell Dan! What have you done to her, you absolute psycho!” My sister gasps as she walks in and sees me sat on the floor with Chloe slumped over me unconscious.

“She fell! And then I was helping her with ice and then she passed out.”

“Shit has she hit her head?” Fran squats down to analyse Chloe. “She’s not just pissed is she?”

“No she can’t be, she hasn’t had anything to drink.” I shake my head. “What the heck do we do?”

“I don’t bloody know, you’re the one who basically knocked her out!” She stands up, shrugs her shoulders and leaves the room.

Fuck.

In my head I’m pretty sure that my little shit of a sister is going to make up some crap about me attacking Chloe and her parents will come in and all blame will be put on me, as usual. I’m getting more and more worried and try anything I can do to wake her, shaking her and gently tapping her cheek with my hand.

Luckily, less than 2 minutes later she begins to stir as she regains consciousness. Her eyes flutter open and I watch as her eyes try to focus on anything. I leave her a few seconds before speaking. “Are you okay?” I ask with worry laced in my voice.

“Hmm.” She mumbles inaudibly before moving her hand to hold her head. “Shit I just passed out didn’t I?” She closes her eyes and takes a sharp breath in.

I nod, even though her eyes are closed so she can’t actually see me. “Yeah.” I finally speak when I realise I still haven’t answered her question.

“Well that’s embarrassing.” She mutters under her breath. “How long was I out for?”

“Not long at all, a few minutes or so.”

“Not long enough for you to take advantage of me then.” She laughs, leaving me confused as to what I should reply. “Sorry, forgot you don’t understand my shit humour.” She opens her eyes and looks up at me, her head still in my lap. “I should probably move.” She comments, not making any attempt to move.

“Are you okay to move?” I panic that she will end up passing out again if I allow her to stand.

“Yeah, fine, just give me a hand.”

“I wouldn’t be taking advantage of you?” I add with a smirk.

“Ah so you do understand humour.” She smiles back as she leans her head off of my lap, holding her head the whole time. I can tell she’s in pain but I know that she’s too stubborn to say anything.

“Let me help.” I quickly stand and hold my hands out to help her. She holds out her hands and allows me to pull her up so she too is standing.

“Thanks.” She mutters again. She quickly turns around and rumbles through a drawer until she finds a box of painkillers.

“Are you okay? You don’t have to go to hospital or anything. I mean, you might have a concussion.” I begin to ramble and so shut myself up by biting my lip.

“Will you stop asking if I’m okay?!” She snaps suddenly. “I’m fine, okay. Let’s not talk about it.” She dismisses me further. I feel like I should leave her on her own but then I’m afraid that she’ll pass out again and this time I won’t be there to catch her fall. “I’m just going to go to bed.”

“No!” I quickly respond. “That’s the worst thing you could do with a head injury, you need to stay up for a bit.” She takes out two of the pills and swallows them whole, with no water to wash it down, making me cringe slightly.

“Alright Doctor Dan.” She says and then laughs at her own joke. “That was lame, sorry. Okay then, I’m going to go and watch a film in my room.” She says with a shrug and then turns to walk out of the kitchen door. “Well, are you coming then?” She turns around and questions me.