Chapter 13

Ankita's P.O.V.

I got Ayaan's guitar and was walking back to him but as I was about to reach, some words stopped me. "Thank you so much for doing this. I owe you," Ayaan said. "It's ok. I can do anything for you," Pihu said. I was shocked. This means that they really planned this. My grip on the guitar tightened with annoyance as I gritted my teeth, listening to them. "But what are you going to do next?" she asked. "You just wait and watch what I will do. I will make her cry everyday while she is here," he said. "Now you will cry Mr. Ayaan Malhotra!" I said gritting my teeth. I looked at the guitar in my hand and got an idea. Quickly, I took out a pen from my back pocket and burst two of the strings. "No guitar, no practice, no bossing around," I said to myself. I walked out from behind the bushes and looked at them together. "You! Where were you this long? Did you go to your mother's house to get it?" he asked annoyed. Now you take pain Ayaan. I walked up to him and handed him the useless guitar. He looked at it with a frown and then at me. "How did this happen?" he asked. "How am I supposed to know?" I said rolling my eyes. Next, what I saw was a bit unbelievable. His eyes has some tears. I immediately felt bad. He rested it aside and held my shoulders tightly, digging his nails into my skin, giving me an unbearable pain. "You did this, didn't you?" he asked gritting his teeth, infuriated. "Ayaan, what are you doing? Let go of her before someone sees," Pihu said holding his arm. "No! You clearly don't know what this guitar means to me, don't you? My mother gifted me this!" he said. I was even more embarrassed. My eyes welled up from the pain he was giving me. "Ayaan, stop it!" Pihu said. He looked at me furious and then pushed me back. I fell back on a concrete table and hit my chest very hard. He looked at Pihu and said, "Get out of my sight. Both of you!" He took up his guitar and walked away. Pihu looked at me and slowly walked closer to me. "You did this deliberately, didn't you?" she asked. I bent my head. "You're disgusting," she said and walked away. I followed Ayaan and saw him talking to Princy. Princy looked at me and called me. "Oh God! Did he complain about me?" I asked myself.

I walked to them. "It's ok sir. I can go by myself," he said sternly. "It's better that both of you go together. You can find the shop easier," he said. He gave up and looked at me angrily. He turned around and walked away. I followed him as he walked along the road. I ran a bit to meet him up but he turned to me annoyed. "You don't have to act like you care because I know that it's you who burst my strings," he said. "I am helping you out here. I know where you can get new ones so just follow me," I said and walked past him but he held back my hand and pulled me back. "I said, you don't have to be bothered," he said. I pulled my hand out of his grip and said, "Listen, I am not fond of helping you. Especially after what you and Pihu did to me but I don't have a choice. I'm pretty sure that I know this place better than you so if you want to get this done quickly, then follow me." "So you admit that you did this?" he asked. "Yes! I did it! Happy! Now follow me," I said and walked out. He came and held back my hand. He span me around and looked at me angrily. Before he could say anything, I said, "I know that you must want to scold me but not now. Let's just get this done." I walked away and looked around. "If I remembered correctly, there is a music shop around here. The book store!" I said and walked faster. Right next to the book store was the music shop. I knew since Maa bought the piano from here. He walked up from behind me and without saying anything, went inside. I opened the door to walk in behind but I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to cope with the memories. I waited for a while outside and looked around. Someone came out of the shop to smoke a cigarette and looking at him, I immediately recognised him, despite him getting old. He was the owner of the store and a friend of Maa's. My eyes welled up seeing him. "Uncle Jason," I whispered but he heard me. He looked at me and asked, "Can I help you?" I smiled and shook my head. I was about to walk away when he stopped me saying, "Hold on." I stopped and looked back at him. "Do I know you?" he asked staring at me. 

"I...I..." I started but he completed saying, "Ani!" I was surprised. "You recognise me?" I asked. He took a step to me and held up my hand. "This," he said. I looked at the ring on my finger which belonged to Maa. I nodded. "Oh my God! Look how you have grown up! You look beautiful," he said. "Thank you Uncle," I said. "You have moved away with your father but we never forgotten you. Every Christmas, we certainly remember you for your Christmas tree," he said. I smiled. "That was always the show," I said. He nodded. Ayaan came out from the store with his guitar and looked at me annoyed. "If your happy meeting is finished, can we leave?" he asked irritated. "Will you just calm down?" I asked. "What's the matter dear? Why is your boyfriend upset?" Uncle Jason asked me. My mouth dropped with his question and assumption that Ayaan was my boyfriend. "Uncle, he is not..." I started but Ayaan cut in between saying, "She! And my girlfriend! No way! Have you seen her face?" I folded my arms and rolled my eyes saying, "Why? What's wrong with me? And why are you so full of yourself? You really think that girls are dying to be with you, aren't you?" "Whatever," he said. Uncle Jason looked at us and smiled. "I only called you guys boyfriend and girlfriend and you are fighting like husband and wife," he said amused. "Now that is definitely not going to happen, ever!" I said. "Who wants to marry you in any case?" he said and walked away. I rolled my eyes and twisted my face at his back and looked back at Uncle Jason. "When will you come home?" he asked. "As soon as I get time. But you have to promise me that I get my special dessert," I said. "Done!" he said. I smiled and gave him a hug. Hurriedly, I said, "Ok. I'm going." I ran behind Ayaan and reached him. I slowed down a bit but continued walking, panting. "Why didn't you just settle there?" he asked looking straight ahead. "What's your problem with me? Why do you hate me so much?" I asked. He walked silently. I went in front of him, blocking his way and spread out my both arms saying, "No! Until you don't answer me, I won't let you go further."