Chapter 64

Priya's P.O.V. 

I stood on the porch, waiting worriedly for Ankita. The place was completely dark and cold and Ankita was already not feeling well. I went home and found all her clothes gone with a letter on the bed, 'I'm sorry I couldn't tell the truth. Ayaan's right. My punishment is that I have to live alone and I have to die alone and there is only one place left for me to die. The place closest to my heart. The place where there is nothing but warmth and home. Thank you for everything that you have ever done for me. Ankita.' My eyes welled up with tears and it made me angry at what AVM did to her. Even if she betrayed him, he didn't have the right to say something like this to her. I stormed off to his hotel and asked the receptionist for his room number. "Sorry ma'am, we can't give you that information," she said. "Listen, it's very important that I meet him right now," I said. "Sorry ma'am," she said. "Priya?" Someone called behind me. I turned to find Charlie. "Charlie," I said worried, "I need your help. I have to meet AVM right now." "Is there any problem? Is everything ok?" He asked. "No. Ankita left the house and I have to meet AVM," I said. "What?!" He exclaimed. "Please, I have to meet him," I said. He nodded and quickly escorted me to the elevator. He took me to AVM's room and knocked on the door. "Go away!" He shouted from inside. I opened the door and rushed inside to see him sitting with a bottle of alcohol. "Oh!" He said smiling, "My fan is here." "Where is Ankita?" I asked sternly. "Ankita? Who's Ankita? The name sounds familiar," he said. "Don't play me AVM, tell me where is she," I said. "In hell, for all I care," he said. "You!" Charlie said and rushed him, grabbing his collar. I quickly held back Charlie before things became ugly. "I know that Ankita shouldn't have trusted you. I am warning you, you might be rockstar AVM but if anything happens to Ankita, I will be your worst nightmare," he said angrily. "I'm afraid, that might come true," I said. "What? What do you mean? Is she in some kind of danger?" Charlie asked. I nodded. "It's her speciality, she manipulates people easily," AVM said. 

"Will you shut up? You know nothing about her life!" I yelled. "Listen, if you are here to talk about that person, then just do yourself a favour and leave. You won't get anything from me," he said. "Of course. Why did I even come here? Perhaps it's her fault for loving someone like you. She should be punished," I said. "Wait," Charlie said confused, "Ankita loves AVM?" "Yes she does!" He exclaimed, "She was willing to lose everything in my love. She even lost herself." He reclined back and gulped down his drink. "Charlie," I said turning to him, "We need to find Ankita as soon as possible. No matter what, she can't be alone in this time. She needs attention." "Priya, calm down. Tell me clearly, what happened?" He asked holding my shoulders. "Ankita is suffering from a brain tumour," I said breaking down, "If she isn't treated in time, she will..." I sobbed. His hands dropped from my shoulders and the glass from AVM's hand smashed on the ground. 

Ayaan's P.O.V. 

"Ankita is suffering from a brain tumour," she said and start sobbing, "If she isn't treated in time, she will..." My entire world came crashing down on me. The glass from my hand slipped and smashed to pieces on the ground. I was beyond shocked. "She left this letter and has gone somewhere," she said handing Charlie a paper. He was reading it when I got up and read what she wrote. My heart kept breaking as I read it. I became numb. "Let's go. We have to find her," Charlie said. Priya turned to me and folded her hands saying, "Please. For God's sake, leave her alone. Don't do anything." "Let's go," Charlie said. They both left the room and I stood unable to comprehend that something like this could ever happen. It all made sense, her medicines, her fainting, not being able to give blood, it's all falling into place now. I dropped on my knees and began regretting everything I ever did to her. She was so sick and she took everything without saying a word. How could I? When did I become so selfish? Why? I broke down and sobbed. Hugging her letter, I cried saying, "I'm sorry Ankita. I'm really sorry. I take back my words, I'm sorry." I read her letter again and again and it clicked in my head. A place filled with warmth and home. She has gone to Manali! Quickly, I got up and rushed out of the hotel. I rushed back to the house to inform Priya but instead, the old lady came out. "Ayaan?" She said confused. "Is Priya here?" I asked. "No, she got an emergency case at the hospital. Why?" She asked. "You don't know anything?" I asked. "What?" She asked. "Ankita has a brain tumour," I said. Her face turned pale and she stumbled back shocked. "What?" She asked. "Yes. She hid it from everyone. She is in danger," I said. "Where is she? Take me to her," she said sobbing.