Chapter 44

Ayaan's P.O.V.

I saw Vicky, Ankita and Pihu approaching on the road and I whispered to everyone gritting my teeth, "Why is Vicky bringing Ankita here?" They all looked at me with wide eyes and turned around. "What the hell is Vicky doing?" Preeti said. "Act cool," Namit said and everyone sipped their tea like normal. Ankita came and looked at all of us suspiciously. Coming under the shed, she narrowed her eyes at us as we looked around like normal. "Sir, give us a special cup of tea. Today is our friend's birthday," Vicky said. "Ankita, today is your birthday?" Sandu asked. She smiled and nodded. "Happy birthday. I wish you all the best and all God's blessings," he said. Looking at me, she said, "Thanks Sandu. You are a true friend. Otherwise, there are some people who always remain determined to spoil your day. Even if it's your birthday." I held back my lips to conceal my amusement and so did everyone else. "They completely spoil your special day you know," she said looking away. "Anu, your anger," Namit said shaking his head, "It's like a volcano. The only difference is that you erupt without any signs." Everyone burst out in laughter and I gave him a high five. Ankita, like a child, stomped her foot angrily on the ground and folded her arms. Looking at Vicky, he immediately hid his laughter and said to us, "What is this guys? Today is her birthday. At least spare her today." "Yeah guys. Vicky is right. We should leave her alone for today," Pihu said surprising everyone. "Otherwise the volcano will erupt again," Namit said and again we laughed. After controlling it, I looked at Ankita and Pihu talking like normal friends and was quite taken by amazement. Preeti even noticed this and went to them. "Ani, I pulled one prank on you and you found a new friend?" She said. Ankita rolled her eyes and said, "Friends don't spoil each other's birthday." Preeti was visibly saddened by this and Ankita, despite knowing this, ignored it, making it worse. Ankita took this a bit too far this time but I'm sure that when she sees the surprise we have planned for her, she will forgive us all.

I smiled and sipped my tea as I looked at her coming back to Sandu. Taking out some money, she stretched her hand out to him but he declined taking it saying, "Ma'am today is your birthday. I am not rich enough to buy you a gift. So please, let this cup of tea be your gift from me. And you don't pay for a gift." I was touched by his simplicity and gesture. "Happy birthday," he said. "Thank you," she said softly. Turning to leave, she stopped and looked at me. I wasn't going remain behind and sent her a kiss making her eyes go wide. She rolled her eyes, flipped her hair, twisted her lips and left me more amused. Looking at Sandu, I went to him to pay and said, "We are having a surprise party for Ankita later this evening at a house not far from here. If you come, Ankita will be very pleased as of all of us." "I will surely come but where is this place?" He asked. I gave him the directions to her mother's house and he said confidently, "I will definitely come." Everyone went back to the house and completed the last touches. Evening fell on us and we all went back to the camp. Getting ready within minutes, we reached back and I called Vicky. "Is Ankita ready?" I asked. "Yeah. We are leaving in 5," he said. "Great!" I said and hang up. Turning to everyone, I said, "Everyone, Ankita will be here in a few minutes. Get into your positions." Everyone nodded and fell in place. I went to the back of the house where no one could see me and took my guitar and hung it on my shoulder. With us were Sandu and his family and Namit's parents as well. I stood and waited for everyone to shout surprise but nothing was happening. There was not a noise. Confused, I took out my phone and sent a message to Vicky asking where were they. Just as I pressed send, I heard an uproar, "Surprise!" Everyone began clapping and singing happy birthday and I smiled knowing that she had reached. Strumming my guitar to test it, it sounded perfect and walking to the side of the house, I glanced her in the middle of everyone. Everyone kept wishing her, hugging her and showering her with gifts. Then, I made my entry. Strumming my guitar, I walked out singing...

'Happy birthday to you...

Happy birthday to you...

Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you...'