Part 3

You opened your eyes to find yourself on the floor, with Chara still asleep on her bed. You got out of the sleeping bag and stood up, after stretching and cracking most of your bones you went down to the living room of the siblings. You remembered that Toriel was coming around today and your magic being extremely weak currently. You sighed, you did NOT think this through.

You spotted Asriel and initiated a conversation with him.

"Hey Asriel."

"Oh! Good morning Y/N! I hope you slept well!"

"i've had worse, i've had better."

Your stomach rumbled audibly, your face went blank.

"I know it's unhealthy for a human to only eat cookies Y/N!" Asriel perked up. "So when Chara wakes up you two can go have breakfast somewhere else!"

"Thanks for the thought Asriel."

(play music now)

Eventually Chara came downstairs and you both departed for Grillby's. (only 10 characters are changed in storyshift, grillby is not one of them) While you were trudging through the snow you got some glances from various monsters as you tried to keep your head down, Chara said you would be fine and nobody in snowdin would really care, this helped a little as you took off your hood and entered the cozy bar. You and Chara sat down at the counter, Grillby walked up as Chara asked for 2 of the usual. 2 trays of chips came your way, You thanked Grillby and started eating as you thought about the incoming head of the royal guard, you were still slightly nervous and Chara could tell, she told a few jokes and, unlike last time they were actually pretty funny.

An idea sprung into your mind but it could wait, you finished your chips just before Chara, she asked for them to be put on her tab and you two departed. You decided to go on a stroll around Snowdin as you told Chara your idea.

"Hey Chara."

"Yeah Y/N?"

"You know how, after the first challenge and we got pulled into the void with Error, and he said we were alternate versions of each other?"

"What about it?"

"Do you think it's possible we could lend each other magical energy? It sounds absurd but I mean, it could be my best shot if you and Asriel can't convince Toriel."

"I guess you have a point there. I'll try to lend you some..."

As Chara said this  a white and black flicker took over your vision, when it cleared you saw several options in front of you.

Y/N | LV 2 | HP: 23/24 | STAM: 0/35 | Fight | Act | Items | Mercy |

(your still slightly scratched from branches that lacerated your skin back in chapt 1 when you entered this universe)

A text box appeared in front of you, it read:

"Chara is giving you her energy."

Your stam number rose to 15, the box then read:

"Chara is sparing you."

You clicked mercy and then spare as the darkness closed in again, when it cleared you were standing back near the edge of Snowdin and Chara was looking at you with a smile.

"Guess it worked, huh Y/N?"

"Yeah, that was a 'fight' right?"

"Yep, I think we should get back now, Mom will be here soon."

You and Chara trudged back through the snow to the house shared by the now trio.

Asriel was sitting on the couch watching TV as you two entered, you greeted one another as you sat down besides him.