Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Celebrate

"What the hell was that? Did Francis failed to teach you right manners too, huh? Fayre?!"

Bagaman hindi nagtataas ng boses, may diin ang bawat salitang binitawan ni Tito Lucio na may bahid ng galit at gigil na siyang sinalubong niya sa akin nang sumunod ako sa kaniyang opisina.

He was facing his desk when he said those. At nang umikot upang harapin ako, kita ko ang madilim niyang mga mata. His jaw is clenched due to anger that he's obviously trying to suppress.

I felt someone's presence from behind, malamang ay si Tito Marcus at sila Kuya James na sumunod din sa amin. I heard the door closed then Kuya James spoke, confirming my hunch.

"Pa, calm down." he said.

"How am I supposed to calm down after what this..." he trailed off as he glared at me, tila hindi malaman kung anong salita ang gagamitin upang i-describe ako.

I can feel my hands trembling. Nanunuyo ang lalamunan ko, kasabay nito ay masamang pakiramdam sa aking sikmura na para bang pinipihit ang loob nito.

Matagal na rin nang huli kong maramdaman ang ganitong klaseng takot at kaba. This feeling is too familiar, that I can fight out of it and don't let it run my system.

Tito Lucio massaged his temples. "Matapos naming pagtakpan ang ginawa mo noon, is this what we get from you in return? Ganiyan ka ba ka bilib sa ginawa mong kalokohan at nagawa mo pang ibida ngayon sa harap nila Camilla at Danica?!"

Hindi ako nagsalita.

Bumaling siya sa kaniyang panganay na anak. "Isa ka pa! You should've explained to her the whole situation before taking her with you!"

Kuya James sighed. "I did. Pero kilala naman po natin itong si Fayre, 'di ba? She always does what she wants,"

Nilingon ko si Kuya James. He was looking at his father seriously but when his eyes drifted to me, pasimple siyang ngumisi at nagtaas ng isang kilay bago nagkibit ng balikat.

"Is this why you decided to come back, huh? To put more stain on our family name?" patuya niyang tanong.

"She plans to stay here for good," si Kuya James ang sumagot.

"And what are you going to do here? You already said you don't have any interest on managing Francis' Airlines. Don't tell me you're going to let the Falcutila's to take the Airlines as payback for what your father did to you?" nanliit ang mga mata niyang puno ng pangaakusa.

Mapait akong umiling. "Hindi po,"

"Then you should re-think about the Airlines, hija," si Tito Marcus. "Your father is not functioning anymore, like what Kuya said earlier, if this goes on—"

"She already said she isn't interested with it, Marcus." giit ni Tito Lucio.

"How are we supposed to save the Airlines?"

"I'll talk to Dad." I announced.

He snorted. "The board is already deciding who's going to take his position as we speak. Tingin mo ba may magagawa ang pakikipag-usap mo kay Francis? We're not even sure if he's going to talk to you or if it will change his ways,"

Tumango ako. "You're right. But we will never know if we never try. As for the board of directors, I'm certain they'll give Dad another chance. They've been working with him for a decade now. They know Dad too well, I am sure they'll reconsider once Dad starts on functioning again,"

That is what I am planning to do. After this, pupuntahan ko si Dad. As much as I wanted to talk to him first, mas mainam na sila na muna ang kausapin ko to stop them from thinking bad of Samuel and all their accusations that he together with the Falcutilas will do with our Airlines.