- 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟶 : 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 -

today was the day. today was the day that everyone will let out their anger that had built up over several years. the day that would change life forever. and unknown to everyone, the day they will be mostly filled with regret.

everyone was now doing the finishing touches. the equipment was checked, the men were doing some last minute training and the leaders was going through the plan one more time. the princes was now getting their armour on, making sure that they have all the necessary protection around them.

before they left, the brothers all wrote letters to haneul, just in case she wakes up but they won't be there with her. they placed the envelopes in a box similar to the one the princess used previously and said their goodbyes to their sister. a sudden thought in their minds that this could be the last time. because of that, they all spent a good amount of time with her making sure that they had said anything that they wanted before leaving.

sunghoon was the last one to say goodbye and as he was about to leave, an image of haneuls accident suddenly popped up in his head. the gasps from the crowd, his sister nearly being crushed by ares, her blood soaked shirt. the image was painfully fresh in his mind and just as he thought it had ended, a sudden scene which hadn't occurred filled his mind.

[ haneuls heart stopped beating moments after they claim victory. the princess had died with no one by her side. she was gone forever and nothing could bring her back ]

the ice prince snapped out of his thoughts as he looked down at his sister one more time. was that true? no it couldn't be true right? should i tell the others? that was all that he was thinking about as he was making his way down to the front of the large group of soldiers, joining the rest of his brothers as they begin their journey to the south kingdom.

the anger and resentment that they held towards this kingdom blinded them from the real problems they should be worrying about.

like how this might be the last time they will see haneul with a beating heart...

——————
Author - noooooooooo! i hope a miracle happens and she will still be alive heuheuheu - stay safe and thank you for reading ❤️