- 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸 : 𝚎𝚞𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚊 -

when haneul woke up, it was still pitch black as the sun was not up yet. after a while, the princess fought the urge to go back to sleep and got up to get ready.

but why doesn't she sleep in?

only the king and the caretakers know this but haneul is actually an amazing horse rider. if her brothers were to find out about her hobby then she would be forced to quit because to be honest, it's a very dangerous sport and her brothers know that. the horse could suddenly turn on you or you could lose control over it. a lot of things could go wrong but that's what the princess finds so fun about, how everything was a surprise.

she had been training in the paddock especially built for her, one that's not far but not necessarily near either ever since she was 6 years old. before the accident, her mother would always invite her to come with her early in the morning for a ride or two, and naturally haneul grew up to be one of the best riders in the kingdom.

after haneul had gotten dressed in her apparel with the help of ms seo and a few others, she made sure that she brought a simple gown to change into when she gets back and then see made sure that all  seven of her brothers were asleep before walking out and going to the prepared carriage that would take her to the place where she felt the most free.

upon arriving in the paddock, she quickly made her way inside to see her coach going around the field in a calming pace, one that has been with her for almost all her life, mr hong.

"mr hong? i'm here! let's start" haneul decided to announce her presence when he was a bit closer to her. "no no first you have to stretch and do 5 laps around the field" commanded the professional. "but-" "no nope no buts go now" with that a sulky haneul went to the side and started to stretch and after she was done she began her laps around the field.

"didn't you hurt your leg?" mr hong questioned the exhausted teenager. "yes but i'm fine now. what are we learning today?" haneul said after finally getting her breath back. with that mr hong sighed, "haneul, you've learned everything i know, i think what's best for you now is just go over the tricks and techniques" "okay, but make sure you point out every mistake i make" "yes yes now go get ares" 

and with that haneul went to get her beloved horse ares. haneul first met ares when she was a baby and eventually they built a good chemistry over the years and have won many competitions together. ares is a midnight black horse that's both lean and strong, he grew up when haneul grew up so naturally they were very close.

"ares?" right as the princess said that a loud neigh came from one of the stable stalls, and a few seconds later a magestic horse came into her view. "it's been a while hasn't it?" haneul said as she reached him and started petting the loved animal "let's go for a ride come on" the important female then opened up the stall and let the beauty out free. after she equipped ares and stretched a little more, she got on and started to move to the open field.

"mr hong! every mistake ok?" "yes yes now go!" honestly, mr hong was happy to see the princess so carefree when she goes around the open field. when he lost his daughter, the coach didn't have any sort of interest in horse riding anymore until haneul came and gave him the feeling of being a father he wished he could have been. however, he thought it was a shame she was keeping this ability from her brothers as he thought, no he knew they would love to see her in so much joy that is was clearly seen on her ethereal face. but he understood where the young female was coming from so he didn't question her.

"make sure you hold on tighter on the jumps!" "keep your back straight when you're going around!" "don't pull the reins when you're trying to go faster!" as promised, mr hong pointed out the things haneul did wrong or things she need to fix while she did her runs with ares. when haneul was done and got more feedback from the long time horse rider, she noticed the time and started to panick.

"it's 12 already?! i should go or not they'll start looking for me" with that the panicked individual started to take off all the equipment of ares but before she could mr hong requested something which made her stop.