- 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟸 : 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚎 -

the princes was on their way back to the castle. everyone was euphoric. continuous  shouts of victory and celebration was thrown into the air. however, despite it being a big achievement to the kingdom, sunghoon had a sickening feeling in his stomach. it felt as if something was telling him to get to the castle faster. to get to the castle and check on haneul.

the ice prince pushed the feeling successfully to the back of his head for a couple of minutes but as time passes sunghoon couldn't hold it in anymore. the prince went over to heeseung, who was now way ahead of him, oblivious to all the worried stares from the soldiers and his brothers. this prince never really shows any emotion so to see him worried, it worried them. they had just claimed victory, what was there to worry about?

"hyung! let's get to the castle faster i'm worried about haneul" however, his request seemed to have passed heeseung like the wind as he was momentarily ignored by the eldest. after finishing his talk with one of the main leaders, heeseung turned to sunghoon and said in a voice that was coated in fatigue and relief. "don't worry sunghoon-ah, she'll be fine. when we get back she'll...she'll wake up" the prince couldn't help but notice how his brother hesitated saying that their sister was going to wake up. it was as if he was not sure. did heeseung have no faith in haneul? did he already get used to the emptiness with her gone? with that sunghoon didn't say anything else as his head was now occupied with even more questions.

despite being strong and reliable on the outside, heeseung was breaking down on the inside. the emptiness that filled haneul was eating him away. he felt guilty even though he had nothing to do with her accident. however, he knew how each of his brothers are affected and promised to himself that he'll be their support pillar even if he was destroying himself slowly.

as all this was happening, haneuls heart was beating slower than ever and the princess was barely breathing. no one came to check on her.

moments passed and just as the princes and men had stepped back onto the territory of their kingdom, everyone suddenly had a heavy feeling.

back in the castle, haneuls heartbeat monitor gave one last small bump and then it continued on as a straight line.
the princesses had heart stopped beating moments after they had just walked back to the kingdom. haneul had died with no one by her side. she was gone forever and nothing could bring her back...

————————
Author - i'm sorry :(( it's the end of the book now :(( i'm sad there's gonna be no explanation omgggg thank you all for reading <333

heh jk there's still some chapters left i swear no one fell for that - stay safe and thank you for reading ❤️