- 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟹 : 𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚊𝚕 -

"my sons! i'm so proud of you!" the king instantly greeted his children right as they had walked into the castle. "are you guys hurt or anything?" "no we're okay dad...have you checked on haneul?" jungwon says after scanning his brothers. "ah no i haven't, i wanted to check on her when you come back so we can tell her together" the king says with a small smile at the end of his sentence. "well then let's go now!" just as jay had said those 5 words, sunoo, jungwon, niki and sunghoon bolted to the direction of their sisters room, laughs and giggles echoing in the hallways the boys have went through.

when the king, heeseung, jay and jake all had caught up with the maknaes and sunghoon they were confused to why the boys were around haneul crying hysterically. "guys what's wr-" before jake could finish that sentence niki shouted words they had always feared "haneuls gone! she's dead hyung! she's gone! she left us!" the youngest said as he holds the cold and still body of his beloved sister.

a time that was supposed to be of celebration and happiness turned into the time to grieve over their new loss. each of the brothers could feel their old wounds from their mother's death open up, as well as new ones. the emptiness was growing inside them and before they knew it, haneuls body was taken away by the doctors and nurses.

the king had followed the doctors as they had requested but before he did he looked at his sons, who were broken and empty, wanting to say something but decided against it.

"ahhhh haneul! you can't leave us like that! y-you can't! how could you!" sunoo shouted into the air as if it was going to change anything. at this point they were all a mess. heeseung had a continuous river of warm tears flowing down his face, jay was against a wall clutching his chest as if something was physically hurting him on the inside, jake was on the floor next to haneuls bed shaking badly from crying, sunghoon was firmly against the headboard with sounds of pain coming out of him and the three maknaes were on their sisters bed, clutching her sheets tightly in their arms.

they kept on wishing that this was all a dream or that maybe haneul was playing a sick prank on them. they wouldn't accept that she was gone. they couldn't accept it. they want to convince themselves that haneul was going to walk through her door and laugh at how they're crying over nothing -

but deep down they knew that they would never see her again...

———————
Author - cry with me thank you 😭 y'all this book has 5 more chapters left omg i'm sad - stay safe and thank you for reading ❤️