0̺͆2̺͆6̺͆

⚠︎︎Slice & Dice⚠︎

⚠︎︎Slice & Dice⚠︎︎

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

Once Reiner was in the vicinity you all leapt into action. You waste no time and you and Mikasa both launch yourselves towards the three traitors. You avoid Ymir's hands and you swipe aross her left eye as Mikasa's takes out the right. You then continue across Reiner's shoulder, Mikasa taking the opposite side so you could corner Bertholdt.

You and Mikasa drop at the same time Bertholdt maneuvering from where he was now hanging on Reiner's beck to the middle of his chest. "Reiner! Protect us!" Just as Mikasa was approaching Bertholdt's neck and you were about to cut into the cloth keeping Eren connected to Bertholdt, Reiner crosses his arms keeping both and Mikasa from getting to the two and breaking your blades.

You pause and both you and Mikasa stare into the small gap Reiner left, not enough for either you or Mikasa to hack into but just enough space for the two of you to stare down a frightened looking Bertholdt.

"Mikasa!" You yell out the two of you managing to jump out of the way as Ymir reaches for the two of you. A growl of frustration leaves you as you launch yourself back into the air and away from the two titans, giving you enough time to equip into new blades. All right then. Looks like Ymir goes first!

You and Mikasa move at once both of you aiming for Ymir. "Y/N, Mikasa, NO!" Your eyes widen in surprise at seeing Krista on top of Ymir's hair. To avoid killing Krista the two of you manage to stop yourselves and land on Reiner's head, you continuously kicking it just because you can. "You're not going to kill Ymir!" Krista yells.

You furrow your eyebrows, not relinquishing your grip on your swords even a tiny bit "And why the hell not?!"

Mikasa turns to face you "Hold on," Mikasa turns back to Krista her features hardening as she looks at the blond. "That all depends on her. What'll it be? She can step aside or she can die. Her choice."

"That's not fair! She'll die if she doesn't go along with what Reiner and Bertholdt tell her to do. She's screwed either way!"

You grunt, your eyes now staring at your swords that are glinting maliciously in the sunlight "Listen, there's only so many lives I can give a damn about. Cruel but that's the world our enemies gave us six years ago. Sorry," You look up at Krista, your eyes completely empty "But I don't have any heartstrings left for you to tug on. If you want compassion, move on. You want fair? Tough shit. Time's wasting. Pick your side, Krista. Eren? Or the bitch Mikasa and I are gonna kill?"

Ymir let's out a roar and flings the right side of her body as if she's gonna strike both you and Mikasa get prepared to jump and strike, Krista manages to drop down a little so that she can be seen by Ymir "Ymir stop!" Krista yells "Look at their faces! They mean it! Don't make a move!"

Both you and Mikasa stare into Ymir's one healed eye to see if she makes a move after a few seconds of a still Ymir the two of you leave the back of Reiner's head and move to where Jean, Connie, Sasha, and Armin were, just on top of where Reiner had crossed his arms in order to keep Bertholdt safe and Eren from getting loose.

As the two of you land, Mikasa on the side of Armin and you next to Jean, you can hear someone kick trying, in vain, to get free.

"Quit struggling! It's not going to help!"

"Good luck talking sense into that one, Bertholdt. When something lights a fire under him, that's it. Getting Eren to calm down's a lost cause. Take my word for it. I've been on the receiving end more than you have. Whaddya say we teach him patience? C'mon. Show yourself." Despite the situation you're surprised that Jean can sound so lighthearted.

"Give him back! Right now!" Mikasa shouts, her letting out every bit of anger she has towards the two in her voice.

"Guys, really? This is some kind of joke, right?" Connie ask, him still not believing three of the people you all trained with for three years and trusted with your lives were traitors. "No way this is you. You've been lying to us this whole time? We were supposed to be comrades!" You don't know who's worse. Connie or Eren?

"They still are!" Sasha breaks in "This is all just a misunderstanding!" Oh great, there's another person full of delusions?

"Where'd you think you're going? You can't keep running forever. We're not gonna let that happen. Rat bastards." You growl out, your anger obvious in your voice as well.

"Through thick and thin we slept under the same roof as soldiers. Matter of fact, the positions you could sleep in were an art form, Bertholdt. I'm not kidding. We all loved waking up to see your contortions in the morning. Used to predict the weather with 'em." Jean's voice turns from light hearted to melancholy "How'd you do it, Bertholdt? Must not've had a care in the world. Lying beside your victims, yet you slept like a log."

"Was it all just an act to you?" Connie questions, the males dismay is obvious. "What about the way we used to talk about surviving this together? About growing old? Looking back on the worst of it over drinks? Remember?" Connie sounds desperate now "Was that all bullshit? Answer me! Go on. What was the point? What were you trying to do?"

"It doesn't matter anymore." Your tone is detached and you're looking down at the five of them as if they don't even exist. "Shut up and focus on opening the traitor's neck. Hesitate for a moment and we forfeit Eren. Who cares who they pretended to be? This was their choice."

"No! You're wrong!" Bertholdt yells out from inside Reiner's barricade. "Who chooses to be this? Tell me!" You're taken aback at Bertholdt's outburst not expecting him to say anything and from the looks of everyone else you're not the only one "What d'you think I am? Huh? What? You think is what we aspired to be? People loathe us. And why wouldn't they? We're monsters! We deserve to die for the things we've done. We're lost. We could live a thousand years and never again know peace. Try to imagine that darkness. The only light was our brief time as soldiers. It was never a lie! Do you understand? We're not who we said we were, but it wasn't an act! We genuinely thought of you as our friends! I'm not stupid. I know I have no right to ask for forgiveness, but please. I beg of you. If we were comrades someone find us!"

Your eyes flash in anger "Friends? Friends?!" You practically roar in your anger "The only thing I was friends with was the shadow of a truth. If you believe you deserve to die, fine. Come out and accept your fate. One day Bertholdt, you will be face to face with whatever the hell saw fit to let you exist in this universe, and you will have to justify the space you've filled. When that day comes don't spout bullshit excuses as you've just done. Give him back Bertholdt, there will be no more asking."

Bertholdt is quiet for a second "I'm sorry. I can't. One of you has to do it. One of you has to stain your hands with my blood!"

A small smirk comes over your face, you raising your blade to strike "Gladly."

-

A/N: it's been 26 chapters and no ones commented on the skull and cross bones 😔