0̺͆3̺͆8̺͆

⚠︎︎The chapel⚠︎

⚠︎︎The chapel⚠︎︎

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

The whole of the new Levi squad huddles around a newspaper, half reading half listening to Hange about how Erwin, Pyxis, and the Premiere Dhalis Zachary staged a coup d'état against the leader in the capital kicking the asswipes in charge of the two walls and clearing the survey corps name in the process.

"-Which means, the false charges against the survey corpse are gone. Acted in legitimate self defense. The royal capital and the administrative district are provisionally under commander-in-chief Zachary's control. The nobles haven't counter attacked. we're free now." The group burst out in celebration, loud laughing yelling and Sasha somehow managed to climb Mikasa.

"How in the world," You look up from the news paper Levi is holding. "Hange, what did you do to them?" Your tone is teasing and the smirk on your face shows that no matter what they say you will be amused.

"We didn't do anything," they counter "It was everyone's individual choices that brought change to our world."

It's quite for a moment, then Levi speaks "Hange... i'm sorry. The three you entrusted me with... I let them die." Everything stills. The previous groups celebrations are quickly halted and they stand behind you and Levi perfectly still.

"Well, at least you neutralized those gun-toting bastards, right?"

"No. Not all of them, the leader and his team are still off with Eren and Historia. If we don't find them soon this revolution will be derailed."

"About that..." Hange whips out a pristine white envelope from nowhere "I might just know where Eren and Historia are. I'm not absolutely certain but I think our only choice is to take our chances with this. We'll end this battle there."

It's quiet as Hange explains what Eren wrote down about what he heard of Reiner and Berthodt's conversation in the forest and as they do a small pit forms in your stomach, your hands getting clammy.

You'd just found a family here. Why were you at risk of loosing it all over again?

"Eren's going to be eaten?!" Of course it was Mikasa.

"It's only speculation based on Reiner and Bertholdt's words and actions but it may be a way for someone to gain eren's "titan power." I'll tell you all more while we move.

You all followed their instructions and were soon moving. Connie and Mikasa in a cart drawn by Armin's horse while Armin navigated the cart. Jean and Sasha bringing up the rear, and lastly you and Levi in the front.

Luckily for all of you Hange was speaking loud enough for everyone to hear without straining, "This is the survey report Erwin commissioned of the Reiss estate. If Eren and Historia have fallen into the hands of the Reiss family as our mission outline supposes... then we can assume they've been taken to the estate. Survey corps members disguised as farmers have been conducting covert security of the grounds. Most of their report... concerns the details of an incident involving the Reiss family five years ago.

The Reiss family was blessed with five children. But the lord had yet another child, an illegitimate daughter with a servant, of course that isn't a very unusual story... and on that estate, the lord enjoyed an otherwise good reputation. In particular, his eldest daughter, Freida was loved by all for her guileless character. She was even known to stroll the grounds and thank the farmers for their hard work. Everyone living on the grounds considered her the estates pride and joy. But... tragedy struck when wall Maria fell.

Marauding bandits who had taken advantage of the chaos... raided the chapel in the village and set it on fire. It was destroyed. No one in the village saw the men enter. And to make matters worse. ...That night... The entire Reiss family had gathered in the chapel to pray together after the breach in the wall. The bandits massacred every member of the family except for the lord, Rod Reiss. This all took place just days before Historias mother was killed by Military police from the interior. Right after loosing his family, Rod Reiss suddenly began planning to make contact with Historia. That must have something to do with why they wanted her." Hange finishes up their findings.

Levi speaks up from next to you, however it's more so mumbled to himself you're the only other person to hear it. "Blood ties... is their something special about that blood line?"

"Where are they now?" Mikasa ask, her gaze latched onto Hange.

"We'll, let's leave that topic for another time. What caught my attention was that the chapel was destroyed. It was a sturdy building made of stone not wood. Yes, even stone buildings weaken after a fire, but... that would mean that these bandits just happened to be carrying siege weapons around. Why would common robbers need to destroy a building? Bandits would just take what they wanted and leave quickly. And the only person who saw what happened... was Rod Reiss. The same Rod Reiss who immediately rebuilt the chapel using his own assets. why would he do that? It's even stranger when you consider that there were no titans there. I may be jumping to conclusions but any place that suspicious is worth checking out!"

As Hange's words sink in its quiet. "...Fine." Levi says "We're heading to that chapel."

A small smirk slides onto your face you assumed they'd reach this conclusion as soon as Hange brought up the collapsed stone chapel. You join in with your fellow squad levi members, "Yes, sir."

Hange begins murmuring to their self again but this time you tune them out, thoughts of your own plaguing your mind.

When a titan eats a human who can become a titan it gains their powers. If that's really true then when and how did Eren become a titan? And who the hell did he eat to get that damned cursed power.

You draw your lips into a line, your eyebrows knitted together and eyes set into a hard stare forwards and you further ponder.

It had to have been before the cadet core. We were kept on a tight leash and had a close watch 24/7. You pause for a second considering the other cadets didn't seem to be watched as closely as you were or maybe... that was just me.