Chapter Six

I woke up to a smiling Harry laying next to me, his arm wrapped around my torso.

"It's about time you wake up, sleepy head." He said happily. 

I couldn't help but return his smile.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Just a little past 11:00 a.m. By the way, your phone keeps ringing from the living room, but I didn't want to go get it because I didn't want to invade your privacy or anything like that but they called nonstop for a good ten minutes."

With that I sat up and got out of bed, tugging my jeans on, and walked down the hall into the livng room to the coffee table grabbing my phone. I checked it and my stomach churned. I had thirteen missed calls from my dad.

"Everything okay?" Harry said from behind me and I jumped, not knowing he followed me.

"It's my dad, I'm in so much trouble." I practically ran back to his room and tugged my shirt on along with my shoes. Meeting a concerned Harry in the doorway.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

I couldn't believe what he just asked me. I couldn't put Harry in danger like that. My dad would murder him.

"No Harry, that really isn't a good idea. I don't want anything to happen to you. I'll call you later okay?"

With that I pecked his lips once and scampered out the door before he could respond and hurried down the stairs to my truck in the parking lot. I got in, not bothering to put my seatbelt on, and began to drive home. As I neared the house I felt my stomach drop, not ready for what was bound to happen to me when I walked in the front door.

I parked my truck on the side of the road and got out hesitantly, making my way up the sidewalk to the front door. I walked in and I felt a wave of relief wash over me as my dad wasn't anywhere to be seen. I decided to try to get to my room as quickly as possibly and began to walk down the hall, but as I turned the corner my eyes met with my dad's, his face fuming, and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Where have you been, Zayn?" He said surprisingly calm. I was caught off guard, he hasn't said my name in a long time, I'm surprised he even remembers it. I was taken out of my thoughts as my father's voice boomed into the room.

"Answer me, boy! I asked you a damn question!" He spit. So much for calm...

"Uh, out." Was all I could think to say. If I told him I was with Harry, he would for sure hurt me worse than what he was already going to.

"Were you out with a boy?"

"No... no sir." I stuttered.

His lips turned up into a wicked grin and all I could do was look at him, I was glued to this spot. Couldn't move, couldn't run, and I knew he knew I was lying.

"You know Zayn, it's funny that you actually have the audacity to lie to my god damn face when you know how mad I get when people lie to me." With that he started to walk towards me, but I still couldn't move. I was scared, and I knew better than to run from him.

He then punched me in the jaw and I clutched my face with my hand and groaned out in pain. He hit me again, harder this time, knocking me to the floor and before I could try to move out of the way he began to kick me, harder than usual, or at least it felt as if it was harder than usual. I lost my breath. I began coughing and I could hear his sick laughter from above me.

"You're such a pathetic piece of shit Zayn, and you don't even realize it." He spat.

"Stop!" I heard a voice yell from the other side of the room... Harry?