Chapter Three

"Harry. Harry Styles." he spoke so softly as he pulled me to my feet.

I stood up, never taking my eyes off of his. Damn, he was so beautiful, even though it was dark now.

"What's your name, mate?" he spoke, a light smile displayed on his lips.

"Zayn. Zayn Malik." I managed to choke out.

"Well, Zayn, are you alright?" he said, taking me in, noticing my tear-stained cheeks and looking at me with an expression I couldn't quite make out... Concern?

I put my head down, suddenly embarrassed. Why would he care if I'm okay?

"Erm... Yeah, I'm fine.." I muttered.

He put a hand on my shoulder and I couldn't help but feel a jolt of electricity at his touch. I looked up at him and he was staring at me intently. I didn't understand why, and I just wanted to get to Louis.

"I have to go." I pulled myself away from his grip and walked passed him along down the road. I turned around, deciding to see if he as still there, and he was gone. Why was he acting so concerned when he doesn't even know anything about me other than my name?

I arrived on Louis's doorstep and knocked on his door, he came moments later and his eyes lit up when he noticed me.

"Zee, hey!" he smiled.

"Lou." I mouthed before stepping through the door and embracing him in a hug, breathing in his vanilla scent. I would love to say that I don't have at least a little feelings for Louis but I'd be lying. He's like my drug. I crave him, need him. Only to tear him apart, over and over again. And I hate myself for it.

"Zayn, are you okay?" he asked as he planted a kiss to my jaw.

"Just kiss me." I answered him.

And he did. He pressed his lips to mine with such force and passion that my head began to spin. I kissed him back with just enough force and I pushed him against the wall in the hall of his flat.

It must be nice to live alone at nineteen, to be stable enough to do so. He's asked me to move in a few times but I'd decline, not wanting to be a bigger burden to him than I always was.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when he broke the kiss and began to move down my neck and rub his hands under my shirt. My breath hitched as hit touch sent chills throughout my body.

"You're so perfect, Zayn." he whispered in my ear.

For some reason that made me angry. I'm far from fucking perfect and I can't believe he'd even begin to think I was. I pulled away from him and moved back a few steps. "Louis, don't say that! I'm fucked up. You can't say things like that to me, lie to my fucking face when I know it's not true."

I was angry, and upset. And I just wanted to get the hell away from here. Away from everyone.

"Zayn, I'm sorry. But I don't think you're as fucked up as you think you are. You have a fucked up life, yes, but that doesn't make you a terrible person. And you're broken. And I just wish you would let me fix you..." he said, grabbing my hand in his and looking at me with sad eyes.

I quickly pulled my hand away and opened the door.

"No, Louis. You don't get it. You can't fix me. And I can't keep doing this to you. You don't deserve the shit I put you through. I'm sorry Louis, we can't keep doing this. I have to go."

And before he could respond I was out the door. Walking away from his flat and into the cool nights of mid-August. I didn't even know where I was going. I didn't want to go home, that's for sure. So I just kept walking, and I suddenly started to think about Harry. He was just so beautiful with his curly brown hair. I felt sort of drawn to him, and I only knew the boys name, and for some strange reason, he acted like he cared about me. I don't understand.