Chapter 72

She said yes. I was hoping she would come back today. I didn't know what I would have done if I permanently hurt her... knowing that I hurt her is enough to make me tear up all over again. I look at my belongings on the table. My bag is still there... as well as the box with four matching rings.

I then shove it back in my pack... now is not the time. When? I don't know. Another dream I will try to keep alive until I have the strength to do it. Maybe when I can finally hear and speak normally.

The door slides open, I look over my shoulder as all four of them walk into the room. Akali holding her arm she steps closer, her eyes still locked onto me. Her gaze drops to her feet and then back to my eyes.

I step closer, throwing my arms around her. She then squeezes me back, twice as hard. Sniffling against my chest, I just as quickly started to cry.

Trying to shake my tears, "No... stop. I am trying to apologize here."

She then says, "I love you... I love you so much!"

I smile to myself, kissing the top of her head, "I love you too."

Eve then walks up to me hitting me on my shoulder, "I should be hurting you a lot more... I told you, remember. I would kill you if you ever hurt any of them," her glare then turns to a smile, "You are lucky that I love you just as much."

I give her a grateful smile as she kisses my cheek, "Eve-"

Ahri then interrupts, "I don't know how long I would have been able to deal with all these emotions and crying. Now... we focus on getting better okay? Don't worry about the money we just have to focus on getting better and growing together."

She sides next to me, then looking at Kai'Sa smiling for her to come over. She then rests her hands on Akali's shoulders, "I am happy that you will be staying with us... even if it is a bit longer. I will cherish every single moment," she rubs her eyes, "Until then. Let us make the most of every second."

We all join into a group hug, standing in each other's arms for what felt like forever and I didn't want to let go. I wanted to propose then and there but... instead, I decided against it. To leave it for a later time.

We then decided on what needed to be done. I stopped talking for the longest time, it felt like an eternity. Bought hearing aids just so that I could hear things clearly for a change.

Spending four weeks in and out of my apartment getting therapy to deal with my ailments. Some nights were spent in pain, but at least I had the best of people there by my side. Eve kept me busy until morning or until I eventually passed out. To the point where the pain was barely noticeable.

Akali then spent a lot of her time focussing on fixing up our track that we lost. Doing her best to recreate it to her ability. Surprising me, it was incredibly close to what we created last time... the only difference is the vocals I did. 

She handed me a memory stick as a gift, labeled: For when we can hear your voice again.

This gave me an idea. Scrapping the last song I created one out of memory alone. Imagining sounds and hoping that they sound right. Keeping it alive until the time came where I could use my voice and ears properly.

Ahri made sure I got everywhere on time. Which also messed with some of my own plans, but in the end, I appreciated what she did for me. Without her, this wouldn't be possible. Seeing as she motivated me every day and kept my hopes and head high.

Kai'Sa did her best by spoiling me with my favorite foods and taking the time to get me addicted to tea instead of coffee. Saying that it is much better for the voice. I wasn't going to fight with her on the topic.