Chapter 17

She woke me up at the crack of dawn, dragging me out of bed I sit at the edge still trying to find my bearings. Part of me wishes to just crawl back and be late and the other part of me is siding with her trying to kick me out of bed.

"You are really bad at waking up aren't you?"

"I was never a morning person, I am even less of a morning person if my partner is kicking me out of bed."

"Aww I'm sorry," she gives me a quick hug, "You have to face fate today and what better way than waking up bright and early."

"Not having to face fate."

"Stop being so dramatic," she then grabs my hand, "Come get on your feet."

I sigh forcing myself to my feet, still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes she leaves my side to continue getting dressed and ready.

"At this point, you might as well move in."

"I could but there isn't enough room here to keep all my stuff," I hear her call out from my bathroom, "Besides my place is right across the hallway so it isn't like I live far away."

I call back, "Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about it," entering the room I walk to the sink splashing my face.

The steam rises from the behind the shower, this scene feels oddly weird. We are living like this together as if we are married and neither of us has said that we love each other.

"This is kind of funny isn't it?"

"What is?"

"A time ago I never thought you would make a move on me and that I was going to lead you through it but now we pretty much live together."

I chuckle, "I have been thinking about the exact same thing."

The running water stops and the rings on the shower curtain ping as she slides it away climbing out the shower. Wrapping her naked body with a towel she sides next to me grabbing a toothbrush.

"You already placed your own toiletries in here?"

She shrugs, "It just things I had extra, so if I do sleep here then I don't have to leave you all alone."

"Thank you for considering me in all your decisions."

She laughs, brushing her teeth next to me. I walk out of the room grabbing some clothes as I strip my pyjamas. Tossing it onto the bed I return to the bathroom to grab a shower myself. She left just as I walked in. A brisk shower later I dry myself off and jump into my clothes for the day. 

Entering the main area she is sitting on the couch sipping at a cup, another placed on the coffee table. I lower myself next to her grabbing the cup and drinking the coffee.

"You seem well acquainted with life already."

"Nothing really changed for me, just the room I wake up in and the room I take a shit in. That alone is the only obstacles I need to overcome and after that I am fine."

"Ah, you don't just trust any toilet."

I nod, "You don't know what nasty things they do on it."

She pulls me closer, "I doubt its that different from what you do." She then jumps to her feet, "Anyway I have to get going and I will probably see you later tonight? Tell me if something changes."

"It is quite a far drive so I don't think I will be home tonight, but I will let you know."

I hover around a bit savouring the coffee. After I feel my senses and energy slowly return to me I go to my workplace putting the track on a flash drive. Packing some clothes for just in case they ask me to stay the night.