Chapter 22

The week is as busy as it could get. I found myself spending a lot of time with this little group she formed and giving some opinions here and there. With what they have it seems like a pretty solid done deal. I spent most of my time recording new verses and exploring the fast amounts of sounds to their disposal. 

Figuring out if the beat was fitting it to a tee and if there is something else Yasuo may or may not wanted to add to the entire thing. It was all his call, I pointed towards it and he decided what was good or not.

Though I did end up catching myself getting too invested in their work I asked Akali if I could sit out for the next few days, just to prevent myself from wanting to touch anything. I did promise after all.

I didn't think of making any excuses to why I am absent for the next few days. I guess they would understand either way and it shouldn't bother them at all. 

Wednesday was my first break from them. I plan to go back sometime next week just to hear what solid progress they have made. I have work to do myself but sitting at my workstation I couldn't stop myself from thinking about Ahri. Her avoiding me came as a sudden surprise and I feel like I should ask her... risking making it worse.

I step out my apartment into theirs, greeted by nothing but silence. They must've gone to do their work already. Before I turned around Eve came from her room, dressed up as if she was attending an event.

She smiles at me slyly, "Looking for someone?"

Nodding as I answer her, "Ahri. Seems like she is avoiding me."

Not answering my own concerns she starts to tease me, "Oh? Already busy with your next victim?"

"Do you have to make it sound so suspicious?"

Her smile almost widens, "I can tell you where she is. Though she is taking some time apart to think for herself a bit. If you show up at the wrong time you might just make it worse for her."

Grinding my teeth, I suppress all my complaints, I then sigh, "I see. Thanks anyway."

She gives me a slight nod, "See how much you changed... have you finally embraced the thought? Do you want all of us?"

I shoot her a glance, "This isn't about that. Even if it is something like that now would not be the time to make any advances."

She then walks close to me, "Well... I wouldn't single out anything. Anything is possible. Still, you haven't answered me yet."

"You know where I stand," narrowing my eyes, "Then what about you? Dressed up like that screams that you are going out."

"Curious are we?" I only nod, "Well I have a little outing with one of my own victims."

"I see."

"Are you jealous?"

I shake my head, "Why would I be?"

"I would think you wanted all of me to yourself. Well one of us ain't enough for you... am I right?"

"You are reading me wrong."

"Then what am I missing? You and I seem to be so close to each other. Or is nothing is ever enough?"

"Eve, what is it you hope to gain out of asking the same question? Is anything that happened so-far not proof enough that I made my mind?"

"I am just helping you."

I sigh, "This shit again? Help yourself, Eve. We both know my so-called victims are worlds apart from yours. I don't understand you in the slightest to this day... you want to help but never take it."