Chapter 5

"How was our last shift? Is Brian well?"

Still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I turn around to see him sit across from me in one of the chairs. I quickly check my phone; a few messages and it is... fucking six in the morning. I groan falling back into the bed wrapping myself in my covers.

"Hey! That is very rude. You have a guest."

"I never thought I would but I am regretting giving both of you the keys to my apartment."

Chuckling, "Nonsense. Come there's a place I wanna grab breakfast at. I heard the coffee is spectacular."

Throwing myself out of bed I lazily get dressed, "It's cruel of you to force me out of my own house. My last shift ended five hours ago."

"I've seen you survive with less sleep."

"That's because I wasn't trying to get a good sleeping schedule!"

"Hmmm, what changed with you (Y/n)? Ever since I knew you-you would stay up at the crack of dawn and work your ass off. Is it Akali?"

I peer over my shoulder, wearing a smile he was clearly teasing me, "Listen... you can delve deeper into my mind later. Let me just wake up normally without having you picking apart my brain."

He leans backward, "Okay okay. Anyway, Angel went out to meet up with Akali. Works out perfectly because I wanted to talk to you anyway."

"I can only begin to imagine."

"You can? Perfect." He jumps to his feet walking towards the door, "You done getting dressed? I would like to get going before they run out of specials."

Luis has always been like this. So... spontaneous. I've known him longer than he knew Angel, been friends pretty much since we met at school. He who was outgoing next to me that would much rather stick to himself. It was a perfect relationship of forcing me to be social and me keeping him from doing anything mind-numbingly stupid.

It was a long drive that felt like we went across the entire town just to eat. I pointed out that we could just stop at a nearby restaurant but he was insisting that we should eat at this very specific place.

Sat down he browses through the menu, as the waitress comes up flashing a smile, "Goodmorning welcome to our little place. Is there anything I can bring for you whilst you decide on your orders?"

He shakes his head, "No need. We would like to take two of the specials of today please."

"Two of the specials. Okay got it I will be over with your drinks shortly."

Narrowing my eyes, I wave at Luis as she leaves, "Listen I didn't order any drinks."

"Don't worry they will get your coffee right, it's in the special so just relax a bit for me okay?"

"Whatever you say, so why did you drag me all the way across town for?"

"We don't get to hang out as much as before Absolute Zero and I figured that you missed some of our romances," he adjusts himself in the seat, "Besides this way we have less chance of running into the girls ensuring that I have all your attention."

"Not to be rude but I think between the two of us it's obvious which one pays more attention," I chuckle.

"Of course that is true but you see I already have a relationship."

"Hmmm, so this is about that."

"That and more. So to get down to the point, what's the deal between the two of you?"

Laying back into the chair, I think a bit, "It's really hard to say whether or not there is something there. I am interested in her and her work but it feels as if she is more interested in work than me-"