Chapter 36

The cold of the night air burning into my skin is enough proof that I am awake in this nightmare. A few events out of my control and I can almost consider this the worst outcome possible. Though surprisingly enough Eve and Akali took my side, Kai'sa is just likely to only raise her voice if it is absolutely needed.

I have nothing to say about Ahri.

Part of me wants to believe that if she wasn't in a bind she would have stepped up and said something. The other half of me is telling me something else, something I'd much rather forget about.

A long walk home, we came in a damn limo. Should have all came in our own transport then I didn't have to walk around. I can still taste a hint of iron in the back of my throat from his punch, damn bastard.

Stopping in front of the apartment building I sigh as I realise I can't get in.

The only things on me are my phone and my keys are in my blazer's pocket and I left that with Akali in case she got cold. Chivalry is going to make me die in a damn alleyway.

I decide to walk across the street and down the road towards a little restaurant. Grab some food and pass some time there while I wait for them to either message me when they are home or to meet them there.

The night is practically ruined for the lot of them. 

Inside the restaurant, it felt like this place belonged in the middle of nowhere or near a gas station. There are very few people here, the kinda place assholes go after they were thrown out the bar to grab a bite and sober up after either a fight or a puking session.

Well, I fit one of those criteria.

I slide into the seat, all but the waitresses are minding their own business. Keeping their eyes and hands to themselves. One of them spots me as I lift my hand calling to order.

She drops a menu in front of me, "Good Evening, anything I can start you off with?"

I take a short look at the menu and then hand it to her, "Let us just keep this small, Coffee and a burger and... let's just keep it at that."

"Will do, I will be over with you drink in just minute," she winks at me as she walks off.

I rub the side of my face, the stinging pain is feint. My nerves have probably been numbed down due to the cold. Bastard managed to hit the side of my face and my nose.

"Here you go."

She sets it down in front of me, "Thank you," I take a sip and she slides into the opposite seat, "Isn't your boss going to get pissed off if you slack off?"

She shrugs, "Ain't nothing going to happen for the rest of the night anyway, it is Sunday. Almost everyone will either be busy drinking at home or having some house parties. Besides bars close early on Sundays."

"Not expecting much action tonight then I assume."

"What is with the battle marks? Got into a good fight it seams," she gestures to the opening of my nose.

I touch it and feel some dry blood, "Not much of a battle."

"Ah did someone lose?" she giggles.

"I think we both lost something."

"Ohhh, sounds scary," she deepens her voice, "Some serious stuff you got in your life there. Someone touched your girl and she got mad ya? A drug deal gone wrong? Come on spill it."

God, you are annoying, "Do I look like I run a cartel?"

"You tell me," she only smiles at me. The bell rings and then she quickly slides out of the seat.