Chapter 1

"Why the fuck am I here then? Cause' you ain't teaching me shit." I spat at my English teacher, she gaped at me like a fish. She was new and hadn't grasped the concept of sending a pupil out, she was easy to mess around with. You'd expect the class to gape at me too, but most of them where used to be acting out.

"What's your name again?" She babbled at me, I smirked at her as she fiddled around with some of the papers that littered her desk. I was stood up in front of my desk, I hated English and wanted to get out of it, so I decided to ask her what was the point of school. My usual tactic to get out of class.

"Faith, Miss. Faith Smith." I smiled sweetly, she looked at another student questioningly, like I was lying, but they nodded and she sighed in relief.

"Can you... Can you go to the principles office." She said hesitantly, I mocked thinking for a second, and she looked at me skeptically.

"With pleasure." I finally answered, faking a bow to the rest of the people in my class, some laughed at my behaviour while others sighed and rolled their eyes. I walked out the classroom right into some year 7, it was pretty much the start of the school year, so he was obviously confused.

"Can you fucking watch where your going, kid." I spat at him, he looked up at me, at first angrily, but when he saw who I was, his eyes widened.

"Oh I'm sorry, erm, I'll just...." He mumbled before walking into a different direction. I chuckle as he walks away, recalling his scared face. But then I frown. Maybe if you were nice you'd have friends. My conscience says,
"Fuck off." I said lightly to myself, then stride confidently towards the head teachers office, it's pretty much my second home.

I don't even bother to knock, I just walk right in.
"Hey, Sandra!" I said to the head, we were supposed to call her Miss Vaughn but considering I saw her everyday, I felt we were on first name terms.

"Miss Vaughn to you, what did you do this time?" She sighed, lighting a cigarette. I decided to light one too. I know what you're thinking, 'she only smokes because she thinks it makes her look cool'. No actually, it just helps me calm down.

"English is boring." I laughed, blowing smoke into the air, she looked at me seriously for a second,

"What are got planning to do with your life, Faith? You're getting no where like this." She said, gesturing towards me. I looked down at myself and frown. I wasn't in normal school uniform like everyone else, I wore my own clothes, a tank top and some shorts with black tights underneath. I wore a beanie on my head to help control my messy hair and wore little makeup. I didn't wear school uniform because I didn't need to be labelled, and I didn't wear loads of makeup because I think it's stupid pretending to be someone your not. That's what you do everyday. That stupid voice said again, I dismissed it and thought seriously about Miss Vaughn's question.

"Live life like I have no future. Then die." I answered honestly,
"Life is what happens when you're too busy making over plans, as John Lennon said." I added. Miss Vaughn shook her head at me,

"You're smart. Too smart for your own good." She laughed, I inhaled another breath from my cigarette, breathing it out soothingly, then her phone rung, interrupting me. She rolled her eyes prior to picking it up.

"Miss Vaughn, headteacher of LingsCross Secondary school... Yeah... Yeah she's actually right here..... Oh..... Oh my god.... I'm so sorry..... Next week?..... To where?..... Australia!...... Okay..... I'll tell her now." She spoke into the phone. I listened intently, she then turned to me.

"Something's happened to your parents, you need to go to the hospital. We've got a taxi outside now, get all your stuff from your locker. You won't be returning here." She said, and I felt my eyes widening, what's happened?

-
So hi there's not really much to say but yeah this is my new story