Chapter 18

Chapter 18

2.048 words

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER: which literature classic do you think deserves more appreciation?

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

They each went back into their respective dorms, getting ready for the day. Only when she was putting on her Batman shoes, she remembered the small box that had been delivered to her that morning. With a frown on her face Thaleia opened the box, which had a few pictures of her wandering around campus, sitting in the cafeteria, talking with Reid... they all had her face crossed off. Along with the pictures there was a paper, a short letter:

'You are not special; he is sweet to all of us. You are not worth his time so back off if you don't want to suffer the consequences, newbie. He is ours.'

Thaleia couldn't help but laugh. Yes, laugh.

That letter was definitely made by part of the female population of this University, that was for sure.

Jealous bitches, she thought, they even think I'm a new student!

Thaleia knew she looked like one, but it still pissed her off that some kids thought they could threaten her.

But not everything about this situation was bad. Oh no... she could definitely use it to her own advantage and pleasure and put those girls in their place.

She had a doubt though: who were they referring to?

Spencer was the obvious answer, seeing that he got himself a fan club full of crazy chicks that had shot her really nasty looks. But then there was Oliver. Thaleia had seen him between lectures yesterday, and just like Reid, he had a circle of girls around him most of the time.

There were pictures of the two of them together as well -with her face crossed, obviously-, so he could be the one the letter referred to. Either way Thaleia had a plan.

And she sure was going to enjoy it.

[...]

The first lecture had been led by Rossi, the second one being after a short 15-minute break.

Thaleia was on her way back from the cafeteria, hot chocolate in hand and ready to talk to all of those kids thirsty for knowledge on how to catch people that murder other people.

The moment she turned a corner, the girl was met with a group, commonly known in books and movies as 'The Queen bees'.

"We warned you," one of them spoke "and you didn't listen"

"I'm a little lost here" Thaleia teased them.

A tall redhead took a step closer to the girl "We told you to back off... and what did you do? Have breakfast with him and share looks during agent Rossi's lecture!" she hissed.

Oh... they were talking about Spencer then.

"Yeah... the guy doesn't know how to get parasites like you all off of him, so he was asking me for help" she replied bored, not giving much interest in the conversation. Her plan would be executed in class not outside of it "We should get going though. We wouldn't want to be late to class, right?"

One of the girls stepped close to her, faces so close that their noses were almost touching -if it weren't for the height difference... "This is your last chance... Doctor Reid is ours. Fuck off"

Thaleia smirked, the excitement building up in her.

The girl walked into the lecture room, spotting Rossi and Reid sitting together on the 1st row to the left of the screen. Spencer looked way more relaxed, as he didn't have all those girls invading his personal space.