Chapter 25

Chapter 25

2.367 words

Does anyone even read these? huh... if you are- Hello :)

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER: How are you? Really.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I was not expecting this.

That's what Spencer couldn't stop thinking about since the moment he left the bathroom.

His bed was perfectly made, an outfit laid on top of it along with the cat, whose name he had learnt was Jerry, even though Thaleia called her 'Penguin' all the time. Note there that he said her. Yup, Jerry was a girl. Tho Thaleia didn't seem to care about that.

Slightly confused at the situation, he put on the clothes that Thaleia had apparently chosen for him to wear. Luckily, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, just a casual white shirt and black skinny jeans. She even picked up different socks, knowing well that he liked to wear them miss-matched. He pulled the ends of the shirt inside of the pants, tying up a belt around his waist as those jeans were slightly big.

The boy walked out of his room after slightly fixing his hair, still damp from the shower. He followed the scent of food and the sound of music, leading him to his kitchen, where Thaleia was standing in another one of his t-shirts and this time, a pair of sweatpants she had found at the bottom of his cupboard, almost as if he were hiding them.

The girl had also tucked in the remains of the t-shirt, as it was ridiculously long. It was pretty much big on Spencer, so just imagine how big it was for someone smaller than him...

Thaleia kept doing her thing, not realising that the boy she was making breakfast for was standing by the door. She lip synched to the music coming from her phone, which she had plugged in to charge while she cooked.

Jerry, the cat, slipped between Spencer's leg and the wall, rubbing herself against the boy before walking over to Thaleia, instantly jumping up to the counter. Surprisingly, the animal didn't even look at the food that was already made. It only stared at the girl. It soon glanced over to Spencer, as if wondering why the boy was looking and not helping.

Thaleia caught the cat looking away and followed its gaze towards the door, Reid leaning against the wall "Hello, Sir"

With a chuckle, he made his way over to one of the stools "That's Doctor to you, Doctor" he sat down "Why are you cooking? I thought we were going out?"

The girl took a quick glance at the boy, leaning over to the cat's eye level before speaking "He thought wrong!" she said with a funny voice "Honestly, I didn't catch what you said before going into the shower" the girl fiddled with whatever she was making.

"Still, you didn't have to make breakfast"

"Food is the only way I know of saying 'thank you'. Now shut up and sit pretty, like Penguin"

The boy did as told, a small, silly smile on his lips as he watched the girl finish whatever she was cooking. It smelled amazing.

Cinnamon... something fried... coffee... he kept sniffing the air. Whatever it was, it was definitely sweet.

"Alright" she dried her hands with a cloth "Behold!" the girl lifted the plate in the air as if it were a recreation of the Lion King. She settled the plate on the table, between where Spencer was sitting and where she would sit. She also placed the jar with coffee and two small transparent glasses.

"Wow" Reid looked down at the food "Are those homemade doughnuts? It smells delicious"

"These, Bubbles, are 'banana fritters', commonly known in the south American community as 'Buñuelos de plátano'" she explained "The mother of one of the carers I stayed with was from somewhere down there and taught me how to make them. I roamed through the cupboards and you had everything needed, which surprised me" the girl took one of the small plates and placed a few "She would often make them whenever she came visit her grandsons. Now, eat up"