Chapter 81

Chapter 81

2,213 words

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER: Recommend a Netflix show.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Excuse me" the girl separated herself from the small group while taking the phone out of her pocket "Nobody home" she greeted whoever was on the other side of the line.

"Glad to know- that hole you live in can get quite depressing" Jordan joked "How's everything? I'm not getting as updated as before after you signed up for the BAU"

"Eh, nothing much. We're in Alaska"

"That much I know"

"Well, I got nothing else for you" she played with the snow accumulated on top of a car in the driveway "How's the fam?"

"They're okay. My little girl has a crush on a guy a couple of grades above hers"

"Is he hot?"

"He's a kid, Thaleia" he chuckled "So... you got no crushes on boys?"

She groaned "If you know it, don't play around and make me say it"

"Sue me for wanting to hear from you that you're finally dating someone"

"What's with that tone?" she frowned at nothing in particular "I didn't date because I didn't want to"

"Well, I'm happy you want to... that's all"

"Y'all old people need to find hobbies other than sniffing into other's lives" from the corner of her eye, Thaleia saw her colleague leave the house along with Agent McHale. It was a force stronger than herself that made her roll her eyes "I gotta go. I'll send you a text or something one of these days" the girl didn't wait to hear his reply- just hung up and made her way towards the two.

Just was she was approaching, the woman's phone rang and she left to take it, giving the boy a sad smile, as if apologising for leaving the side of her lover.

Bitch.

"Where's she off to?" he turned to the girl.

"Just a call from the office" Reid shrugged "What about you? Who was that?"

"Jordan- just a regular check-up"

"Oh" it had been a while since they shared an uncomfortable, awkward silence. Spencer could tell something was off with Thaleia, but he couldn't read her enough to know where it was coming from, so he just guessed it had to do with Jordan's call.

But she was acting weird before the call as well... he kept on thinking.

"They found another body" McHale approached them "They're taking it to the ME- it's not far from here, I'll take you guys there"

"I'd like to go by myself- walking, if it's not that far"

The woman looked at Thaleia in surprise "It's about thirty minutes away by foot... are you sure?"

"Yeah- you guys go. I think Hotch had more people to question" she gave them a tight smile.

"Do call if you find anything" Reid called out as she pivoted on the spot to walk the other way.

"I will" Fuck you, she wanted to say, you could have at least opposed to me leaving alone, even though I would have still left.

Being jealous sucked.

[...]

Reid got to the station a few hours later: everyone except for his girlfriend was already there.