Chapter 57

Chapter 57

3,360 words lol who's ready for a dramatic long chapter?

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER: What is a (serious) question or thought that keeps you awake at night?

⚠️⚠️⚠️WARNING⚠️⚠️⚠️
Mentions of self-harm, suicide, abuse, and other things that might be triggering to certain people.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Spencer stood next to the SUV, arms crossed as his eyes set on the door of the room he knew belonged to Thaleia for the few days that they would spend there. She hadn't opened up last night when he went to look for her or this morning, and she wasn't with the others, who were grabbing coffee from the machine next to the motel's reception along with some pastries that were offered to them.

Why hasn't she come out yet? The boy wondered, his worries growing each second that passed and she wasn't there annoying the hell out of him.

He had dreamt of the girl once again, which made him kind of angry. Why did he have to keep on crushing over a person he would never get? The worse thing was that most of the dreams he had had of her, of the two of them together, ended up with Thaleia breaking his heart in some way- but no matter what it was, both in his dream and after waking up, he still liked her, his heart still belonged to her even after tearing it to pieces.

His rational side of the brain hated that fact with passion.

"Seems like she's avoiding us" Morgan stopped next to the boy "Officers called because she's making a mess in the PD" he patted Reid on the back "Let's go, pretty boy"

"Do you think she really is?"

The older agent sensed the sadness in his friend's voice "It was a joke, Reid" he tried to comfort him "Maybe she had a late night idea on the case and decided to go over there... after all, Hotch did pat her down and took every single paper related to the investigation he found hidden on her yesterday before leaving"

"And I found very interesting places to hide things, if I ever need to" their boss reached the driver's seat of the car "She hid a USB in her hair"

"I don't think you can pull that one off, Aaron" Rossi joked walking by "Maybe I could... what do you think?" the man winked.

"That if you do want to try it, don't wait too long... has your hairline been receding?" he kept up the teasing before getting into the car "Let's go, guys. We shouldn't wait until the next body shows up and another innocent girl disappears"

They were all weary throughout the ride to the PD, watching their surroundings even more than usual as they drove there. None of them were convinced that yesterday had been just an accident. They hadn't been contacted to inform them of what actually happened, which in any other situation would have been good news, but given their line of work, they were never too paranoid.

"Stop that already!" a loud voice welcomed the Agents to the PD "Stay away from the printer!"

"Shut up, I only need three more pages!"

"Your play-thing ate six of the ink toners already!"

"You don't even pay for them!"

"You are not the only one who needs the printer, Miss- there are officers here who have to get official documents sorted but they can't because you-"

"What's going on?" Aaron interrupted the screaming conversation his team member and one of the young policemen were having.

"Agent Hotchner" the guy stood up straight "Miss Blair has been making use of the printer all night and has used all of the ink toners we had- which we needed for our own prints"