Chapter 13

I never really noticed ...

Lela M. Carter

With every single part of me
My love for you is constantly
Forever and ever on repeat, on repeat (oh)
And it won't stop
Boom, boom, boom

Everyday, everyday
I can't breathe
You take my breath away from me
Here's my heart
You got the key
Put that on eternity
I love you 'til infinity
Infinity [x4]

My everything [2x]
And when I think about it
Oh, be making me weak baby

It won't ever stop
My heart won't skip a beat baby
And it'll keep going on
Going on [x4]

Sevyn is really coming along. They did great up there, tonight. It was only right of me to take them out somewhere, after the club promotions. We sat in VIP with other celebrities, such as ; B.O.B, Tyga, A$AP Rocky, August Alsina, Nicki Minaj, Melanie Fiona, Honey Cocaine, and Elle Varner. Tyga is like Chris' bestfriend, he wasn't gonna miss out on this flight. He flew to Miami for the weekend, just to hang with us. " Okay guys, " I yelled over the music. " Tonight was one of Sevyn's greatest performances! " I told them, as they all cheered on. She grinned, " thanks Lela, but I owe it all to this guy. " She said, playing with Chris. " Nah, you did it all on your own babygirl. " He hugged her. " Yea, I definitely felt the energy you were giving. " Honey complimented her. " You did your thing, ma. " Tyga added.

" Aww, thanks. " she squealed. We laughed at her, " it's almost 3am, I really need to head back to the room. Gotta prep for tomorrow's sound check, and take care of some things. " I told Chris, grabbing my MK bag. " Alright, Lela. " He wrapped his huge arms around me, squeezing tightly. I laughed, squirming to get out of his grip. " Stop! You're messing up my hair! " I kept moving, loosening his grip. He finally let me go, " don't trip. I'll pay to get it fixed, it's the least I could do. " He smiled. " You bust your ass everyday for me. " He said, as I fixed my hair. " Yes, yes I do. " I replied, smirking. I kissed his cheek, " goodnight and try to get some rest, you have to be up by 4pm. " I told him, walking off. " I gotchu! " He yelled as I left down the staircase, to the outside of the club. I hopped inside of my black Range Rover, and headed back to my room.

For the past 7 years, I've been Chris' manager. I was here a bit before the Rihanna incident, and his life has changed drastically because of it. The community service, and jail time. He's been on probation for a little over a year and a half. He became more of a party animal after while, and then the whole " In love with Rihanna and Karrueche " thing. I've seen him at his absolute best, and his worst. We grew onto each other because at first, he wasn't feeling the whole " woman manager " situation, but we became very fond of each other. He was 18 and I was 20, so we clicked pretty damn good. He's a magnificent dancer, very goofy, a talented artist, and a damn good singer. He confided in me, trusting me with things he probably hasn't told anyone else. That's how I know we have this amazing friendship. He knows a ton of secrets and embarassing things, about me.

One point in time, I actually had a thing for him. I don't think he ever really paid it any attention. Trust me, I slipped up a couple of times. I guess that was a sign to forget about it, so I did. Now it's coming back slowly, and I'm trying my best to keep it hidden. He's very happy with Beyoncé and honestly, I like them together. Besides, Lela Michelle Carter was not raised to be a home wrecker and I, refuse to go out like that. I can keep my feelings under control, and continue on with our friendship. I quickly walked through the lobby, hopped on the elevator, and headed to my room. I grabbed my comfy black silk blouse, and hopped into the shower. 20 minutes of hot steam, penetrating my pores. Enhancing the sweet strawberry body wash I used. It lingered around in the breeze of the suite. I sat on the bed for a while, browsing around on my MacBook. I dozed off shortly after, so I hope he has his spare key.