Chapter 28

Christopher M. Brown

I sat in Bey's room constantly checking my phone. I scrolled through social media hoping anyone had seen her at this point. Every media outlet was already covering the shootings. Thanks to Ciara's friend, I got Andraya somewhere held up. She had us at some abandoned store, about 20 minutes from where mama Tina lives. 

She claimed that's where he brought her when they got here. I got some people looking at that for me, but Beyonce was not there. TMZ had a corny ass headline circulating; "Chris Brown's Hoe Down!" Maybe I could laugh at it later, but now was not the time.

There was a knock at the door, and when I looked up her mom was there. "Christopher, I know you didn't mean for any of this to happen." I sat my phone to the side, as she took a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Mrs. Knowles, I'm so sorry." I apologize.

 "I know but, maybe this lifestyle that you live is just too dangerous for my daughter." She says, clutching onto her robe.

"My lifestyle? I've been famous since I was 16." I tell her. "This wasn't my fault. Shawn came after her. I had to protect her." I say calmly.

She nods, "Bey knows how to protect herself."

count to ten Chris...

"With all due respect Mrs. Knowles, that's my woman, and I'll always protect her." I say, grabbing my phone and keys. I'd rather not get into it with her mom at this moment. I stand up, throwing on a hoodie. "I suppose..." she trails off.  "Like you protected that girl, Rihanna." She says nonchalantly.

This couldn't be the woman who just ask me to give her grandkids. I gritted my teeth angrily, "I'm going to find her. I'll be back." I tell her.

 She grabs my hand stopping me. "Chris, I'm not attacking you." she began. "I don't know you. But in this short amount of time I have, my daughter has been kidnapped." She cried out. You can tell she was worried. And from a parental view, I guess can understand her frustrations. So I soften up a bit.

"I'll find her." I say, leaving her sitting there. I didn't want the situation to become any worse. I Made my way downstairs where I see Kheri and Solo sitting at the dining table.

"Y'all good? I'm boutta go out, see if I can find her." I say sighing, throwing my hood over my head. 

"We'll go with you." Kheri hops up quickly. She held up a finger before running off down the hall.

"Yea, I can't sleep, and she can't keep anything down to get any." Solo says yawning, tiredly. I could tell she'd been crying; her eyes were red and puffy.

"You sure? I was just going to take Ty with me." I tell her, but she waved me off. "Chris I'm going." She says quickly putting on her shoes. I didn't fight her on it. She could show me the way around here. While we waited outside for Kheri, I paced back and forth, holding onto my phone tightly.

"Aye bro relax." Ty says from the backseat. Kheri comes rushing outside, "okay I'm ready, sorry y'all." She got in the back with Ty, and I closed the door behind her. "So, you know where he's from right?" I ask sliding into the driver's seat, starting the truck.

"Yea, just hit the highway and head back towards the club." She answers, looking at her phone. I know she's going through her own personal situation right now. I just want things to be good again.

*    *    *     *     *

I did at least 100mph on the highway, cutting down time. Lela texted and said there's no reports anyone being shot. At least not yet, we all know I shot that nigguh. Only a matter of time before his bitch ass reports that too. "Get off this exit right here and go left." Solo says. She's been quiet most of the ride, Kheri has been talking to her, but she won't say much.