Chapter 9

" No? Okay. Fine.. "

Christopher M. Brown

My sister Lytrell works here, and she showed us around. She doesn't want Bey to know just yet. Our bond is tight and she knows about every girl, before my mom. We talked, every now and then, while Bey studied the art. She was in her own little world, daydreaming about the pieces. I couldn't help smiling, watching her, with joy written on her face. " Chris. " Tootie snapped her fingers in my face. I blinked, then turned to her, " wassup? " I asked. She stared at my face, then shook her head. " You back at it again, huh? " She laughed. I sucked my teeth, " No.. I just like her a lot. " I looked at her again, smiling. She slapped the back of my head, " exactly. " She said.

" Alright fine, but tonight I'm thinking about asking her. " I told her. " Asking her what? " She questioned. " To be my girlfriend. " I shrugged my shoulders. " This is a little too fast, I ain't even get to know her yet. " She looked at me. " You can do that another time, but here she comes. " I lowered my voice. " Chris, Kheri and Tyga said come over. " Bey said. " They did, or you did? " I asked. " Boy, okay. " She smiled. " Tyga is throwing this random party, and told you to come. " Alright, you ready? " I asked her. " Yes, but one thing. " She grabbed my arm. " What? " I asked. " Can I get on your back, pleaassee? " She begged. I laughed, " okay, but I gotta ask you something first.

She nodded, " yes? " I looked at Lytrell, as she continued to stare at my face. It kinda shook me, " uh, nothing... Com'on. " I turned around, letting her hop on my back. " Alright, Tootie, text me. " I said, hugging her. " Nice meeting you, Lytrell. " Bey waved, as we left. The car ride was calm and still. Making it feel very weird. I think it was just me though, 'cause she didn't look confused. When we got to Tyga's Mansion, me and Bey were being pulled separate ways. " Yo, Breezy wassup? " Tyga dapped me up. " Shit, I've been with Bey. " I told him. " Yea I know, Kheri told me. You tryna lock it down, already? " He asked, with a smirk on his face. " Yea man, I want her. " I said, grabbing a pop from outta his fridge. " Iight, I support you bruh. " He tapped my shoulder.

We all went upstairs to the balcony, " How did it go? " Ciara asked me. " I haven't asked her yet. But, I plan on doing it before the night is over with. " I told her as we sat on the couch. We heard the DJ downstairs, " Oh shit! Is that Nicki pulling up? We bout to turn the fuck up, tonight! " He yelled on the mic. Damn Tyga was having a full fledge party, " Yo, where's Bey? " I asked her. She's coming with Kheri, " She said. " Oh wait, there she is. " she pointed at the steps. Kheri was running fast, then jumped in Tyga's arms. " Woah! What's wrong babygirl? " He asked her laughing. " Bey keep beating on me. " She snitched. " You'll be alright. " Bey said. I grabbed Bey's hand, " hey I gotta ask you something. " I pulled her to the side. " Mister. " She smiled sweetly at me. I smiled nervously, then grabbed her hand.

" Bey ... " I said, then taking a deep breath. She looked at me then laughed a little, " um you okay, Chris? " She asked, rubbing my arm. I nodded assuring her, " Bey, will you be my girlfriend? " I blurted out. She stood there for a minute, just looking at me. I quickly felt some type of emotion take over me, " No? Fine. Okay.. " I went back over to where Ciara was sitting. " How did it go? " She cheesed, hitting my arm. " She just looked at me. " I said blankly, staring out over the balcony. " Oh.. Sorry bro. " She hugged me. Lytrell said I was moving too fast but, I thought differently. I mean, I wasn't gonna do it, but that kiss in the truck. It was real, I know. I think so anyways. " Chris, how you been? " I heard a voice, " um, I'm good. " I said, turning around. " Oh, Nicki. What's good ma? " I hugged her.

" I've been working, that's all. I see you not feeling to bright. " She noticed. " Nah.. I'm cool. " I tried to play it off. " Mhmm. Who is she? " Nicki asked. Damn, am I that readable? " It better not be Rihanna again, 'cause that should be dead and gone. " She said. " Nah, it's not her.. " I shook my head. " Chris.. " Bey looked down at me. I refused to look in her face, so I kept my head hung. " Yes. " I replied. " Look at me, please.. " she said softly. I looked up, noticing Nicki watching us. She sat on my lap, and held my face in her hands. " Yes. " She smiled. Her eyes were gleaming with joy. I gave a sly grin, " you sure? " I asked. She nodded, then leaned in, kissing me with passion. " I'm positive. " She said, hugging me. " Well, I see now. " Nicki interrupted with this stupid grin. " Beyoncé this is the one and Only, Nicki Minaj. Nicki, this is Beyoncé. " I introduced them.