Chapter 22

Birthday Surprise!

Andraya M. Howard

"Jay, where we going?" I asked following him around the house. He packed a duffle bag full of clothes. "Yo ass ain't going no where, if you don't hurry up and pack." He stopped in his tracks, yelling at me. I know he's mad or whatever, but I'll be damned if he yells at me like he's crazy.

"First of all watch your tone nigguh," I walked around him into the bedroom. He shook his head, proceeding to pack. He looked around the room, then got on the floor. He grabbed something from under the bed.

"Are you ready?" He asked, grabbing his bag. I packed the clothes I already had over here. I looked around for my jewelry, "Jay where's my necklace?" He came back in the room, "I don't know Draya, now can we go?" He yelled again.

I huffed grabbing my things, "let's go." He practically ran into the door trying to open it. He placed our things in the backseat. I put on my seatbelt, plugging in my headphones. He looked at me, saying something as he drove. I removed a headphone, "what?" I asked.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." He said. "I'm just in a hurry," he added.

"So, correct me if I'm wrong but.." I began. He glanced at me for me to proceed. "We're going to Texas, so you can get her back?" I asked him. He just looked at me for a while, "nah."

He made his way onto the highway, "she made it clear she hates me, and I can't blame her for that." He sighed. "But it ain't over for that nigguh, Chris." He clenched his jaw. "And you want that nigguh, so maybe we can try something." I just sat back listening.

He was right, I wanted Chris. "See if he's the good guy she think he is." Jay muttered. He grip the steering wheel harder, speeding up. "Uh, slow ya roll. I ain't tryna die cause you upset." I told him.

He sucked his teeth, "whatever."

I was happy we made it to the airport in one piece. He carried the bags, "take the tickets and hold the plane." He gave them to me. "The gates gonna close soon, and you got this heavy ass bag." He complained. I rolled my eyes, leaving him behind.

I decided to dial Chris before I got there. "What you want?" He answered. The background was loud, and he sounded high. "You getting faded without me?" I asked him. "Goodby- thirsty bitch!" Some nigguh had cut him off. "Uh, who the fuck are you?" I stood at the gateway of the plane.

"T-Raww bitch!" He yelled, then the line was disconnected. Fucking disrespectful ass nigguh. "Draya the fuck you doing? Get on the plane." Jay yelled from behind me. I elbowed him in his stomach, "shut the fuck up, yelling at me." I gave the bitch our tickets , and went to take my seat.

Beyoncé G. Knowles

Ciara dragged Lela and I to the bar with her. "Why you acting shy, like he's a stranger?" I asked her, sipping on my drink. She looked away for a moment, "I haven't talked to the man in years. We practically are strangers." She answered. "You know everything about him, yet y'all strangers." I rolled my eyes.

"Just talk to him like you guys never fell out." Lela suggested. She was definitely buzzed up, thanks to Chris. He says she's a party girl, but she seems annoyed.

"I'll talk to him," she played with the rings on her finger. "I can't wait until Kheri has her baby." I said, happily. We all just knew, Ciara and Shad were gonna be the first ones. But then he cheated, so we've been waiting.

"I know Angela is gonna flip," Lela muttered into her glass.

"Who's Angela?" We said in unison.