- Chapter TWO -

She frowned at Brinley's Snapchat story, which showed her at a party she threw last night which she failed to mention to her.

Landon's words still lingered in her mind how she said bad things about her. She shook her head to the thought of it and put her phone on her desk.

"Hey, you seem stressed." Yasmin's voice said, barging into Carlota's room.

She smiled at her to try and hide her worries. "No, I'm just cramming a bunch of medical stuff for school." She lied, opening a random textbook and reading it upside down.

"Stop worrying about, Brinley and her stupid party. What type of name is Brinley?" Yasmin rasped, throwing her hands in the air, which managed to cause her to smile. "Let's go check the strip club I'm working at for that Francesco guy." She said, pulling her to the car.

~

When they got they're Yasmin was so wrapped in her work she forgot about her step-sister which she invited, but it didn't bother her. She looked around the strip club fascinated by its lovely aesthetics.

She stumbled across a girl with dusty blonde hair and brown eyes. "Sorry," Carlota apologised.

"It's cool, are you here for the job?" She asked, bringing out her hand for her to shake.

"Um, no. I came with my sister, Yasmin. She's the one arranging a party here, right?" Carlota informed shaking her hand.

She looked over at the lady talking to her manager. "Ah, so you wanted to tag along with her. Is it fun?"

Carlota shook her head. "I'm only here because I have nothing else to do." She sighed.

"Well," The mysterious blonde began. "If you have nothing to do, we can go grab something to eat, I'm starving." She suggested.

Carlota nodded her head to that thought. "Yes please."

"But before we go, you're older than 18 right? Because I'm 21." She asked for clarification.

"Yes, I am. I'm also Carlota." She introduced.

"Amelia, let's go before I have to get back to practice."

~

"So explain to me why you're a stripper?" Carlota asked Amelia as she bit into her jelly doughnut.

"Well growing up in the orphanage won't do you much good when finding a successful job. No one wanted to adopt me." She sighed, explaining.

She nodded her head as she began drinking her coffee. "My mom was a drug addict and my dad was some drug dealer that got my mom pregnant. I grew up with them for 6 years of my life and then my Grandma took me in, immediately died and I ended up in America in an orphanage." She further explained.

"Wow, you must have been through a lot. Hopefully, the orphanage was much nicer than they described in TV shows." Carlota chuckled.

"Meh. Not that good education but there were nice people there. I had this friend, we're still friends now. Her name's Arabella. She managed to get a better job than most of us there."

"What's Arabella like?" She asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

She shrugged, not answering her question. "I'd tell you but it's a long story. Plus I have to get back to the strip club. The guy paying us has a bunch of rich friends." She informed, getting up and dropping a $30 bill for our food.

Carlota dropped a $30 bill as well. "Please let me do it. I'm taking out of your work time." She smiled, picking up her bill and handing it back to her.

Amelia gave her a strange look before shrugging it off. "Well, I'll never say no to a free meal." She said, causing them both to laugh.

Carlota's phone began buzzing signalling she got a notification. She opened it to see it was a text from her friend; Brinley.

'I'm low-key happy we didn't invite Carlota. She'd try to steal my mans' the text read. This caused her blood to boil as she read it over and over again. She knew she must have accidentally sent it to her. Brinley wasn't the brightest person.

She glared at the text and switched off her phone. Carlota wasn't afraid of confronting someone but she didn't want to make a fool out of herself infront of Amelia who was staring at her with a concerned look.

"Something wrong?" She asked.

She nodded her head. "Everything's perfect." She smirked thinking about Landon's offer.

~

She knocked, quickly on Landon's apartment door which Brinley managed to tell her when she was drunk from the night before.

His apartment door opened to reveal a sexy, shirtless Landon King wearing nothing but a pair of sweatpants and a mischievous smirk.

"You rang?" His British accent questioned leaving Carlota Santiago speechless.

She played with the curly ends of her hair and sighed. "I'm ready for you to f*ck me" She spoke, fearlessly.

*-*-*

That was chapter two. You guys thought you'd see a character appearance in Chapter Twenty? Nahhh, Chapter Two and we've already heard of Francesco and seen Amelia. If you don't know who Frankie and Amelia are then go read the other book which you can find when viewing my profile called 'His Personal Assistant'

Remember to vote and comment but unlike there we don't have random questions of the day. We'll be having questions for the chapter.

Updating Wednesday 24th Febraury 2021

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: DO YOU LIKE BRINELY?