- Chapter FORTY ONE -

Today had been a pretty slow day for Landon. It was Valentine's day, Annie refused to spend Valentines with Landon like she usually did. They would get a cheesy movie, popcorn and comment on how horrible it was.

But he couldn't do that. He was stuck with Brinley all day which was starting to give him a headache.

After growing bored of looking around his office, she skipped to him and sat on his lap. "I don't understand why you have to work on Valentines day, Landon. It's a day of love and romance." She whined.

Landon ignored her and continued working.

"Landon, you didn't even say I look nice. Look, I wore this outfit for you, y'know?" She sighed, using her hands to make him look at her.

"Brinley, I'm busy. I told you not to come today but you insisted. This is your fault." He said.

Getting off his laps, she sat on the seat next to him. "Can we at least have sex?" She asked.

He shook his head. "I'm busy."

"We haven't had sex in a month. That's very unlike you Landon. Are you no longer interested in me?"

Of course, Landon could break up with Brinley right now and never have to bother about her again but he didn't. He didn't know why but he had a feeling he enjoyed the drama and having Carlota worry.

"I'm abstaining from sex for a while." He lied because he couldn't think of a good excuse.

"Excuse me?" She questioned.

"I don't think having sex is a good idea. I saw somewhere that couples who have sex too often are at risk of their relationship failing." He lied.

Landon knew Brinley believed every word that came out of his mouth but he was shocked when he didn't get a reaction from her.

"Landon, you have sex with me right now or I'm checking your phone." She threatened, picking his phone from the table.

She had a suspicion that Landon was cheating on her but she needed evidence. If only she knew.

He thought about the promise he made to Carlota and knew it would be impossible to keep. How do you not have sex with your girlfriend even though you've been having sex in the past?

"Okay," He sighed, dropping his pen.

~

Yasmin, Carlota and CJ were left in the house while their parents went on a date. She turned to face her 1 year and 2-month-old half brother.

"What do you want to watch, CJ?" She asked, handing him the remote.

"Carlota, we can put something for him and we can go watch something together." Yasmin suggested.

Carlota looked at her and rolled her eyes. "I'm not going anywhere with you." She snapped.

She sighed, upset.

Truthfully, Yasmin felt horrible for planning to move out without even telling her. She felt horrible for leaving her by herself. "You can't get mad at me for wanting to move out, Carlota. And you're a hypocrite. You basically live in Landon's house. It's either you're going to his house or he's coming over to say hi."

"At least you always know when I'm leaving." She said, defending herself. "You were planning on leaving me."

"I'm not allowed to move out? I'm not allowed to be independent? I have to live with my parents until you move out? Is that it?" She questioned.

Carlota realized that she wasn't being supportive of her sister. Now she felt bad.

Whenever Yasmin and Carlota would have a fight about something, they'd ignore each other until the other person would talk about it. Then they'd fight about it for about 3 minutes and makeup.

"I'm sorry, for being a b*tch." She apologized.

"And I'm sorry for not telling you. I understand how you might've felt."

There was a brief moment of silence and CJ was just looking up at both of them and smiling.

"I'm surprised you didn't go out for Valentines day. That's what you usually do." She chuckled, changing the channel for him.

"Landon said he was planning something for me but he couldn't do it now because he was busy with Brinley."

"You never told me you and Landon became, well you know, whatever you guys were. What are you guys anyway? Friends with benefits?"

Carlota shrugged not even knowing herself. "I genuinely like him, Yasmin and I'm 99% certain he genuinely likes me as well. I just don't know when he'll break up with Brinley." She shrugged.

Yasmin's eyes widened. "So, let me ask you this. Are you guys planning on relying on Brinley for your relationship to exist? So when Brinley moves in with him, you'll still be together? What about marriage or kids? Is this what you want? He has no reason to be with Brinley you know. Carlota, Landon and you aren't going to have a happy ending."

Carlota ignored her words and picked up her phone to see a notification from Landon. 'Are you home alone?'

'No, I'm with Yasmin and CJ'

Suddenly they heard a knock on the front door. "I'll get it." Yasmin said, getting up and opening the door.

The door revealed Landon standing behind it with a red rose in his hand. "Oh, Yasmin," He began pulling the flower behind his back. "Where's Carlota?"

"You know what, Landon? I actually have a problem with you hooking up with my sister."

*-*-*

Vote and comment

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: DO YOU WANT TO SEE LANDON AND BRINLEY FIGHT?