- Chapter THIRTEEN -

"Carlota's gone, Annie. You can stop pretending that you're fine." Landon spoke outside her sister's door. "Leighanne Juliet King, open this door." He ordered, knocking on the door even more.

She unlocked the door and glared at her brother. "For once Landon, one of your friends looked at me without looking at my face. One of your friends thought I was cool and actually spoke to me without you being around. You just had to bring up my down-syndrome and ruin everything. Sometimes I wish you abandoned me just like mom and dad did." She hissed, slamming the door back at his face.

Landon sighed, frustrated. "She didn't do anything to hurt you?" He asked, slowly realizing the mistake he made.

"Yes, and you ruined everything."

"I'm sorry, Annie. But please tell me why you're here? Didn't your school not catch you this time?"

"No, they didn't. I don't want to do boarding school, Landon. I don't want to go to school. Let me do online school."

He sighed. "There are people who have it much worse than you Annie and those people still go to school."

She decided to ignore her big brother. "Look, Annie. I know I'm no parent, but listen, I promised myself that I'd protect you no matter what. Everything I do is because of you. I want it to be you and I against the world."

"I'm not going to be your little sister forever, Landon. Hopefully, I'll get a job, adopt a child and be happy. You can't own my life forever." She whispered, through sobs.

"I know, Annie." He sighed, walking away from her door.

~

As much as Carlota wanted to call to see how Landon was, she didn't want to be the one throwing herself on him. Despite only doing this with him for literally 3 weeks she still really enjoyed it and was slowly developing an attachment towards him.

"I think you should get your mind off of Landon for good. He's your friend's boyfriend and it's just wrong." Yasmin explained.

She wanted to but the truth is, she couldn't. "Why?"

"Ever since you got with him you've been really reckless. Why did you give him your virginity so quickly?"

Carlota paused and a smirk made its way to her face. "Promise not to tell anyone? The only other person who knows this is Lorenzo." Yasmin nodded her head. "I lost my virginity sometime when I met you." She confessed.

Yasmin's mouth dropped, closed and then opened again. "What! You hade sex when you were 17!"

She rolled her eyes at her. "And you haven't had sex? Don't think I didn't notice those people calling you. Do you mind telling me who Jonathan is? I thought you were a lesbian."

"Ugh, I didn't want to tell you because I was scared you'd think of it in the wrong way. I was playing truth or dare with Amelia and she dared me to find some guy to be my sugar daddy."

"You become friends with Amelia?" Carlota asked, a little hurt.

She nodded her head. "Yup, we're friends. She's just as crazy as me in a way, which is cool. And apologized for her friend. She's called Arabella. Also that guy I did the thing for. They're in a relationship. For like 3 weeks."

Carlota rolled her eyes and picked her phone up. 0 messages from Landon. 'Did he so quickly forget me?'

"You haven't heard from Brinley in a while, give her a call." Yasmin advised.

She did just that as they both heard the phone ring. "Hey," Brinley answered, with heavy breathing.

Carlota already knew she was with somebody and she was aware Landon didn't leave his office until 4:00 PM. It was only 2:30 PM.

"Um, Brinley hey. Are you busy with someone right now?" Carlota questioned.

She really wanted to catch Brinley cheating on Landon so it would give them an opportunity to have sex freely.

"Landon. I'm at his office right now."

She rolled her eyes, not buying her story. "Oh, sorry. I don't want to disturb you two. Have fun." Carlota hung up the phone with a smirk on her face.

"Why are you smirking? She's with Landon."

"Landon leaves his office at 4 and it's only 2. That means Brinley is cheating on him."

"Great detective work, Carly. But what are you doing right now?"

"Calling Landon, to see where he is."

The phone finally picked him and she was greeted by silence. "Landon." She spoke, irritated.

"What do you want?"

"Where are you right now?" She quizzed.

"With Brinley at my office. I have to go, I'll talk to you later if I can." He hangs up the phone and there's a huge grin on Yasmin's face while Carlota has a scowl.

"You do understand you can't get mad when he's around with Brinley. Brinley is his girlfriend after all." Yasmin shrugged.

Carlota rolled her eyes. "You know what? I don't understand why he's been ignoring me for 3 f*cking weeks. I deserve answers." She stood up from her bed and began putting on some shoes.

"What about CJ?" She yelled.

"Babysit, I'll be back when I'm back."

*-*-*

Updating Friday 12th March 2021

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: DO YOU THINK CARLOTA IS GOING TO DO SOMETHING STUPID?